Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Smarties..

Wife noticed a rattle in the right rear of the wheel area. Aha... a clamp that holds the plastic shield; trim, etc has gone missing. Do you know from whom I can get one??

See that yellow bracket and clamp ! That's the one missing on the right side.

thank you and cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Side Skirt Clips..............

I can't tell from your photos,but if what is loose is the side skirt.(the piece under doors and between front and rear wheels)?? Smart Madness
sells the clips to secure the panel.A set of 10 is priced $5.99..................

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
That's not the side skirt unfortunately - those clamps (thanks for the photos) will probably have to come from your smart center parts department. :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It is difficult to tell, between your photo and the parts illustration, but it appears you need a bolt and a clip.

A 005 990 69 12 bolt, mounting, underbody panel - item #60

A 001 991 39 70 clip - item #80

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is difficult to tell, between your photo and the parts illustration, but it appears you need a bolt and a clip.

A 005 990 69 12 bolt, mounting, underbody panel - item #60

A 001 991 39 70 clip - item #80
I knew I could count on you guys...this is a great helpful forum...wooo!

Jwight... you are correct and thanks. Also Barney O, you too correct, then Rustedwrech..thank you for your schematic. Yes, it seems to be a dealer item..hmmnn... Smart Car is Cary, NC if still there is 141 miles! None at the wreckers yard here.

Made a temp fix: Wife says it's quieter now! :D

Better, closer picture of the clip:

Temp solution; strong plastic tie-remember you're just holding the belly pan-nothing heavy!

Fine so far....maybe just as good long term :rolleyes:.

cheers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts