Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a website the other day, where they sale Smart cars that are not finished. They required you to put them together, sort of like a kit car. Just one way to get past the US regs. When I went back to look, I can't find it. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was at a website the other day, where they sale Smart cars that are not finished. They required you to put them together, sort of like a kit car. Just one way to get past the US regs. When I went back to look, I can't find it. Has anyone ever heard of this?
This is how Noble sports cars are sold in the US. They come in as a kit requiring some assembly. I don't know all the technicalities of the process...I'm sure it's just taking advantage of a loophole.

Maybe this is how Zap cars are getting their Smarts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The cars were Brand NEW Smart For two GLIDERS Complete without engine/trans fuel system...etc

They are mostly all finished .... I Have seen Several completed

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would liek to buy one like this since I am attempting to swap a Yamaha FJR engine/trans into mien when it arrives. Is it still possible to purchase just the rolling chassis?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts