Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Okay, so we meet at 8 am at the Mirage?
Yes, at Kokomo's. Members should identify themselves by placing their extended index finger and thumb of their right hand against their forehead. The member wth the lamest excuse for missing the actual 7AM meeting at the Hacienda buys the first round.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
This is to clear up any misunderstandings. Just in case some of you don't know me, I am SinCitySmarts. It's the name of my car club in Las Vegas NV. and I'm the one who is hosting this Great event. I have had many emails and many questions about times and places,so I hope after reading this, it should be very clear to everyone who is making the trip to Las Vegas to participate in this event, where I need you to be and at what time.

On Saturday October 23,2010 at 7:00am, We will all meet at the Hacienda Hotel located at US Highway 93 Boulder City Nevada 89005. We will have a drivers meeting before we head to the Hoover Dam. We must have all the smarts cleared through security checkpoint by 8:30 The helicopter will be in place as we drive over the Hoover Dam. After we get to the other side, we then must turn around and drive back over tha Dam and meet up again at the Hacienda Hotel. We will pick up the photographer, re-group, line up and drive through Boulder City, ending up at Freedom Park in Boulder City. When we get to the park we will be giving away lots of great prizes, and we will have lunch for eveyone. After lunch we will then head for Las Vegas Blvd. I have not picked and ending spot yet where we can pull all of our cars in after we cruise the strip. I will let everyone know when we meet up.

Also if anyone has walkie talkies bring them, they will be a big help for keeping us all together at the Dam and on the strip.

I hope this answers all questions about this Historic Run, I will see you all in October.

Jimmy
President
SinCitySmarts

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
As much as I hate Vegas, the dam and Mt. Charleston were two of the few things out there I enjoyed. Wish I could make it. If it weren't for the 4K mile round trip, I'd be there. :)

Y'all have a great time! We'll all be watching for photos and videos. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
isnt kokomos at sahara and las vegas blvd?
next to the mirage?
Find the Mirage hotel (its the one built behind the volcano) and you've found Kokomo's. Because of the early (8am) hour, only the lounge will be open.
If you go, remember the membership salute and have a lobster corn dog for me.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
We still have room for more cars,,, It is the 75th anniversary of the Hoover Dam, It would be cool to get 75 smarts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
we can copy it to fox cable news and they'll try to squeeze us in!

we need to make "A REALLY BIG SHEW" for everyone to see!
(that was ed sullivan, hes attending too!)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I'm leaving home on Thursday the 21st, plan to be home on Tuesday the 26th.. It'll be a great six days .. :)
When do you plan on getting to Las Vegas? I plan on driving out to state line with a few other cars Friday to meet and greet the California convoy. You are more than welcome to join us

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are any Arizonans attending?

Its about the same distance from Phoenix as from the Los Angeles area.

While crossing the dam, look down river at the new bypass bridge and roadway that you are helping to pay for along with Navadans.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Are any Arizonans attending?

Its about the same distance from Phoenix as from the Los Angeles area.

While crossing the dam, look down river at the new bypass bridge and roadway that you are helping to pay for along with Navadans.

Let me correct you on one thing... The bridge is about 300ft higher than the Dam so when you are driving across the Dam you will be looking up, Way up,, not down..

Also I don't really know how to contact Arizona I would love for them to come

61 - 80 of 112 Posts