Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a while back about them not making things right when doing what they should be doing on my Gold Plan etc....well, finally got papers for repairs made last year by MB....now I see why Toyota(where I bought my Smart) hates me and this car LOL....I put a thousand down when I bought her and so far Toyota has had to put out almost $2,000 in parts and labor, mostly labor.

Also I never did do that battery trick that others here suggested for that thump I was getting, I did the pedal reset though and so far so good on getting kicked in the ass....Seems to be smoother so far....just did 74 miles and lost to bars of gas, so if I am getting about 32 to the gallon then I am happy.

I want to thank you all for all the info, kind words and just letting me vent...thank you all.

I will post a pic after this weekend of a part someone put on my dash that I can not figure out what it is, maybe someone here has a good guess....it is to the left of the steering wheel and mounted into the dash next to the vent...I am using it right now to add a clip to it to mount my cell phone like a camera.
Have a wonderful and safe Memorial weekend.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congratulations on finally getting the car correct.
I have found that despite what other people have said the gas gauges on both my 451's are pretty much linear. The first and the last marks are roughly about 1 1/2 gallons Maybe a little less and each mark in between is one gallon. These are pretty close estimates not etched in stone mind you.
I say that because someone's going to come back and say, "well mine are different" bully for them.
As long as it works for you great.
Again glad you're happy.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
My question still, did the Toyota Gold plan extended warranty. Cover, and Pay for the $2k of repairs at the MB dealership?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My question still, did the Toyota Gold plan extended warranty. Cover, and Pay for the $2k of repairs at the MB dealership?
Oh, yes everything was covered...see when a repair by MB is needed, they have to call or submit it to Toyota and then Toyota then either approves or not...Toyota had to approve as they were in my Gold Plan.

Also MB gave me a temp account to carfax FREE...saw that my Smart Car came from Washington, DC in 2016 and as I understand it, Toyota had the car for quite sometime and did repairs on it over that time, replacing alternator, oil changes and other maintenance.
Not sure what they used her for, maybe for the dealership, or maybe advertisement....I know the Toyota dealership was in sticky letters on the rear which I removed...CarFax does not go into that detail...even though it should.

Edit >>>error in my statement....Just checked Carfax again...The car must have stayed in Washington till 2020 and Toyota got the car July 2020...so I got the car 2 months after they had it...so 19,572 miles was put on it in 4 years and Toyota must have trucked it to them as when they got it, it only had 2 more miles on it.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Basically all extended warranty covered plans are the same as your Toyota one. The repair needs to be diagnose turned into warranty claim by the company insured. We had a couple Honda, Mopar, and a Car Shield extended warranty plans.
Only once, the extended warranty did not cover the fix. It had to do with a Remote starter, on the jeep renegade. A bad switch under the hood. We had to cough up the cost to repair it.

Glad you got everything repaired, the Toyota Gold plan took care of the expense. Enjoy driving you car, with piece of mind now. Simple fixes on modern cars, can be expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts