Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know know if anyone has info on a new clutch with better clutch material than stock?

Lets help each other out peeps

ciao
-Luca

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Would like to know know if anyone has info on a new clutch with better clutch material than stock?

Lets help each other out peeps

ciao
-Luca
I doubt you will find an upgraded clutch from any of the regular manufactures. There just isn't the demand there for a smart. What I would recommend is find a good, reputable clutch/drivertrain shop and have one custom made. If you have any local race tracks, like a dirt track, ARCA/NASCAR etc., find out who those guys use. That's the shop you want to go talk to. Usually, you can take them your disc, and they can rebuild it with custom facings, like Kevlar or something similar. Tell them what you are doing, and what it's for. They should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The old soles off my work shoes would hold up to a smarts torque :D
I would have to agree. The OP is planning some upgrades(per another thread), but I think he is kind of putting the cart before the horse. But if he is intent on doing upgrades, I think my previous post is what he needs to do.:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a stage 3 turbo setup installed but going with a smaller GT1548 water-cooled turbo.
More low end TQ.... :)

Just figured if I'm going to change the flywheel to an aluminum 4 lb one then might as well change the clutch while I'm there I mean I already have 55k miles on it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts