Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
On my '77 and '90 Benz sedans I installed an extra brake light bulb in that location. While I find the rear fog light interesting I feel the extra braking illumination in the rear a better safety mod. Unfortunately, most folks in the U.S. just don't understand rear fog lights - including police!

·
Registered
912 Posts
On a lot of cars in Europe, the rear fog takes the place of one of the reversing lamps (e.g. it has a white reversing lamp on the right side, and a red fog lamp on the left side). Is that the way this one is?

P.S. Rear fogs are not for your benefit, they're for the benefit of those following ... which hopefully means they're less likely to hit you.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
On a lot of cars in Europe, the rear fog takes the place of one of the reversing lamps (e.g. it has a white reversing lamp on the right side, and a red fog lamp on the left side). Is that the way this one is?

P.S. Rear fogs are not for your benefit, they're for the benefit of those following ... which hopefully means they're less likely to hit you.
That's how my 450 is.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
So many German car drivers in Canada misuse their rear fog lights, it's amazing! All the same, I hope the smart gets one.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I like to get a B-O horn, while backing out of the garage. Never know if there's a run away Lab dog back there.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Not sure where they`ll accomodate the rear fog light but at least it seems all C453s and W453s will have symmetrical tail lights now.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Probably some of that red ring of LEDs would double as the fog light, just as some of them will be the brake lights.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
On my '77 and '90 Benz sedans I installed an extra brake light bulb in that location. While I find the rear fog light interesting I feel the extra braking illumination in the rear a better safety mod. Unfortunately, most folks in the U.S. just don't understand rear fog lights - including police!
Most people in the U.S. don't understand the use of a front fog light either.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Not sure where they`ll accomodate the rear fog light but at least it seems all C453s and W453s will have symmetrical tail lights now.

A, they are in your backup of reversing housing. I just watched a video on the new Abarth 595. Thats where they were, in that vehicle. The the tail housing.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Glad these will be available and standard. Here in coastal California, dense fog is a serious safety issue. Idiots on the freeways don't even slow down although they can't see 10' ahead of their car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts