Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts

Perhaps it would help electric vehicle drivers with range anxiety?
As long as you respect the range limits (and impact of weather) of your particular EV - there is no such thing as "range anxiety."

EV owners soon learn that you can only count on that "charge" which you can control - your home charge station.

ALL EV charge stations "in the wild" are subject to availability, failures and even being removed. It is what it is . . . :shrug:

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,109 Posts
As long as you respect the range limits (and impact of weather) of your particular EV - there is no such thing as "range anxiety."

EV owners soon learn that you can only count on that "charge" which you can control - your home charge station.

ALL EV charge stations "in the wild" are subject to availability, failures and even being removed. It is what it is . . . :shrug:
Only the Tesla Superchargers would be more reliable since they generally offer multiple stalls and are owned, operated, and maintained by Tesla, but even then, there is a small chance that something wouldn't be working, just much less than the independent charging stations. There is also that minor detail of having to own a Tesla to use the SC network...

There have been times that I've thought of pushing the range on the Leaf, but the reality of estimating wrong or something unexpected coming up just tells me to take the ICE instead. When you start trying to use an EV for a task it isn't suited for, things could get unpleasant.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts
Why worry, it's just another one of those "Shovel Ready" projects.

Throwing money at it makes it happen...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts