Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They have SIX US spec cars at the smart House in Venice, CA. You can test drive them from 11-5 Tuesday-Sunday. Around the block only, sorry.

US spec major differences from front to rear are... bolt holes for US license plates. Yellow side reflectors inside front lamp housing. Seemed like different cup holders under the dash. Didn't see the CD racks (option I'm sure). Different shift pattern as discussed earlier PRND +/-. Shift points between 1-2 and 4-5 are set earlier. US plate bolt holes in the rear, dual white backup lights in the top rear lamp housings.

Got some shots of the cabrio "defect." Actually there is no problem between the cloth and the car or the rear plastic window. I could only get my fingers stuck between the tridion and the rag top. There is a hard rubber gasket the top sets on the side tridion, just like a door seal, you can see the rubber gasket when the top is down.

Same with the rear window, couldn't get my hand in past my wrist. When the top is fully closed, its fits very tight against the tridion, and the rear glass window can be moved only slightly. Any crook could get in with a box cutter... like in every other rag top.

Red is still red, even under the California sun. Its brighter than deep red, and the red interior has small flecks of red/orange. But its NOT orange, its really red.

See my pictures here:

·
Super Moderator
29,234 Posts
Thanks!

Nice shots; I think I like the red better than blue now so hopefully will be able to swap with the "real" order. Can you find out if the car cover is/will be available pretty soon? Got a feeling we'll need one here in Ohio. :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice shots; I think I like the red better than blue now so hopefully will be able to swap with the "real" order. Can you find out if the car cover is/will be available pretty soon? Got a feeling we'll need one here in Ohio. :)
They had a smart cover on one of the cars. Next time I'm there I'll ask about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts