Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, really off the wall ? here. I bought the phone holder that goes into the CD slot of the radio, then I went to Wally World and bought a USB charger that goes into the cig lighter to keep my Iphone charged while playing my tunes or using my GPS. Problem in it seems as if the charger that goes into the lighter seems to not go in deep enough to make contact with the middle contact. What USB charger adapters are you all using??:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think I'm using Belkin......no problem with old one with old iphone or new one with new iPhone. Haven't tried it yet with ipad air.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, me too. I have a Rocketfish 2 amp dual USB charger for my setup and it is a little finiky. I need to twist and rotate it to get it connected sometimes.

I have tried that too. I think the charger needs to be almost pointed on the end to make contact, at least that's the way it looks in my lighter/acces. port.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Does anyone know why the USB port in the glovebox doesn't charge my phone? It seems to be a low-power port, just enough to run a flash drive with music, but not enough to power the phone.
This is the 2014 basic radio (in an ED if that matters).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts