Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2016 Smart Fortwo passion that was used as a rental for Car2Go rental service. The radio, navigation and some functions aren’t working as the Car2Go app must still be installed on the car. Anyone know anything about this? And where this box may be located on the car?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I thought it was a tiny box on one of the upper corners of the front windshield...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,251 Posts
The car2go card scanner was located in the front left corner of the dash, and should have been removed. The radio itself looks like a nonstandard unit and probably will not work without the car2go bits and pieces, shown in this listing: SMART Car CAR2GO Telematic Card Scanner GPS Radio C2GHU HEAD Control (10) | eBay You'll need to replace that with an in-dash nav/radio compatible with your car. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a used 2016 Smart Fortwo passion that was used as a rental for Car2Go rental service. The radio, navigation and some functions aren’t working as the Car2Go app must still be installed on the car. Anyone know anything about this? And where this box may be located on the car?
Do you have a photo of the radio in your car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a Cars2Go 453 as well, without flashing the radio and getting a new SD Card it's a no-go, can't change the clock, can't load maps. You are better off just replacing it with a new head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts