Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a 2014 ED that is for sale and I’m having a difficult time determining what a fair price is. I’ve tried Edmunds and KBB, but both of those sites give a pretty wide range for values ($4500-7500, approximately). I‘m guessing that because there aren’t a lot of these around, there just aren’t enough data points to get a more accurate estimate. I’d be curious to hear what folks here think an average price is for a 451 ED In the real world.

As an aside, I stopped by my local Mercedes dealer the other day to look at some 2016 gas 453s they had for sale. I asked the salesman if they ever got any electric drives in and he said never, that people who have them don’t want to give them up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love my 2016 ED, that I paid $8000 for in January 2019 (had about 25,000 miles on it). I'm trading in my gasser Infiniti M37X for a Tesla in January, but I plan on holding onto my Smart. Love the dang thing!

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,722 Posts
Welcome to SCoA and the Brave New World of EV’s.

Make sure that they have two functional key fobs!

451 & 453 ED’s are apples to oranges.

cabrio ED will usually command a premium as smart is the only EV to offer a convertible.

Bun warmers (heated seats) are nice on cold mornings to allow you to run without that amp sucking heater.

As many are off lease returns, look for a private party, one owner garage queen. Then haggle, unless it’s a limited edition or highly optioned days unsold can become significant - and therein is another slippery slope!

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mdId=42803&mkId=20228&page=1&perPage=20&rd=99999&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&sort=relevance&stkTypId=28881&yrId=51683&zc=66062[/URL]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. That gives me a starting point. EVs are not real big in my area yet, so there’s not a lot to choose from. But it’s helpful to see the asking prices in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, here in Raleigh, NC a smart ED shows up every couple of months. Typically $6000 and stays on the market about a week. The one I recall following was a 2016 I think. You'd have to search nation-wide to find an older cabrio, and maybe see one every couple of months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts