Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a set of used Winter tires for a 2013 smart fortwo Pure. The tires are Continental but I am unsure about whether they are the appropriate size. The ad for the tires reads "We have a set in stock 1755515 and 1956015 for the PERFECT staggered fit" but the door panel of the car says 155/60 15 front and 170/55 15 rear. Any advise on buying these or any winter tires would be appreciated. I have tried getting estimates on new from local tire stores and it is over $1000. I will have only paid about $8000 for the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
moderator. I have probably put this thread in the wrong forum, feel free to move it where it should be (technical?)

·
Registered
598 Posts
The stock rear size for the smart is 175/55/15, so that part is correct. I would ask the seller to verify that 195/60/15. That is not a common tire size. If it really is in fact 195/60/15, do not buy the tires, as they will cause problems with your ABS. The 195 is about 6% larger in diameter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I believe it was a typo in his ad, as he has stated they are the correct size by email. I will verify when I go to the store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts