Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this one is more of a question than it is a bug report.

Under Quick Links > User Tagging Statistics ... I don't understand what the data represents.

Anyone care to shed some light on this? Clicking on the Member's handle just takes me to their profile page.

I would guess that Top Quoted is a list of Members who have been quoted the most. Other than that ...

And, since this comes from a link called Tagging Statistics, it seems odd that the only columns with Tagging in their name are blank, heh. What is meant by tagging?

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stretch, you do Facebook? Wow, you're a brave soul.

Or just a compulsory exhibitionist, LOL.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parents in Colorado, brother in Michigan with 4 kids, daughter in North Carolina. FB is the easiest way to stay in touch. Along with Skype and texting.
Skype seems really cool, although I've never had a need to use it. I have webspace. I use it with a link to relevant stuff for my folks.

I know, I'm so old school, LOL. Noted today the internet is 25 years old. Dang, I missed its inauguration by six years.

On the other hand, I was there pre-Google.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Facebook has proven to be the best way to see pictures of and hear about the grandkids.

I have no idea about the tagging statistics though.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Facebook has proven to be the best way to see pictures of and hear about the grandkids.

I have no idea about the tagging statistics though.
What pisses me off about Facebook, is that they autodownsize images uploaded to them, and assign undecipherable 30 something randomized file names to the images.

And, my family members think I should be happy with really teeny tiny image files of subjects which I might care about, or not.

I finally, recently, convinced my sister to use the highest resolution available on her camera, not optimized BS for Facebook. Sadly, even the gazzillion megapixel cell phone pictures are made with a pinhole lens and are just really, really large crappy pictures ... especially when Facebook shrinks them to 520x720, or whatever.

I pay something like $70 per year for a web hosting service. Yep, got a web site, plus I don't have to put up with Facebook nonsense, for a little over a dollar per week.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Those statistics are fundamentally flawed since they start at the software change date only. :shrug:

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those statistics are fundamentally flawed since they start at the software change date only. :shrug:
So, once they've got some miles on them, their meaning will become clear? And, I'll intuitively understand what tagging means?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts