Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is there a way to connect my Smart ForTwo electric to Android Auto and at the same time to use USB flash for listening to the music? Many thanks in advance.

Maxim Behar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm... good question... the standard audio systems, which comes with the car... How can I check this? Many thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is 2018 and I have GPS screen of course. I connect Android Auto which works perfectly, then I connect USB flash with music, which also works perfectly , but when I try to connect them with a USB connector simultaneously, then none of them work... This is the issue. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
246 Posts
OK, I don't have the GPS unit. I'm guessing here, but the unit may get confused when both a phone and USB memory are plugged in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, this is the case. How can I solve it in a way that they do not get confused:)

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
246 Posts
By plugging in only one at a time. On my Subaru, I can have an android phone and a memory stick both plugged in, and use the head unit to select between what it is running. I've not used the TomTom unit in the Smart 453 (I just have the base radio), but am guessing it doesn't have that capability and just gives control to whatever is plugged in. If you plug 2 things in, then it would not know what to do. Possibly some owners on here have experience, but they may not see the question, as it was posted into the 450 rather than the 453 sub-area.

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
You have a European smart car, with a European sound system. That wasn’t offed in In North America. All my cars except the the smart car. Have Navigation, Apple car play, and Android auto. With wireless charging. on those vehicles,
I just switch from USB, Apple car play, iPod etc. everything is built into the system. I have couple old iPods in the glove compartment of a couple those cars. Hook up USB. When I get a phone call on my Apple pro. 13. The systems switch automatic to the phone. Even if we’re listen to USB music. Android auto should work the same.

Not sure if a smart cars sound system is that sophisticated. You probably only have one USB input. I’d refer to your owners manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have a European smart car, with a European sound system. That wasn’t offed in In North America. All my cars except the the smart car. Have Navigation, Apple car play, and Android auto. With wireless charging. on those vehicles,
I just switch from USB, Apple car play, iPod etc. everything is built into the system. I have couple old iPods in the glove compartment of a couple those cars. Hook up USB. When I get a phone call on my Apple pro. 13. The systems switch automatic to the phone. Even if we’re listen to USB music. Android auto should work the same.

Not sure if a smart cars sound system is that sophisticated. You probably only have one USB input. I’d refer to your owners manual.
Thanks a lot, you are right - I have just one USB input... The local office of Mercedes could not give me relevant information, unfortunately...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts