145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
17,372 Posts
I assume that's a HEAVY engine. And probably not tuned very well either. :D

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Still only a mid 13 second run. I would have thought it would be faster than that. Only short leg people would be able to drive it

·
17,372 Posts
I would've thought they would've retained the car's original looks to make the ultimate sleeper.

Instead they made a pseudo crossblade. :D

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I would've thought they would've retained the car's original looks to make the ultimate sleeper.

Instead they made a pseudo crossblade. :D
I agree it would have been much better with a stock exterior. I'm sure it was much easier to build the cage without the roof on. Having built cages in cars, it is very hard to get it in there. You want as few joints as possible, but it has to fit through the doors. Difficult. :cool:

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
I can't tell for sure but does it have front wheel drive??? The holes in the box tubing are for steering rack, I'm guess'n...:confused:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I can't tell for sure but does it have front wheel drive??? The holes in the box tubing are for steering rack, I'm guess'n...:confused:
I was looking at that too. The hubs appear to have drive flanges, but that doesn't mean they are hooked up. Doesn't have a lot of tire spin on take off. Several races on the Face Book page.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see some smarts turned into race cars and start showing up at local tracks across the country... I Know Frankensmart drew a curious bunch when racing him this fall @ Indy...:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts