Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I didn't realize that we had our own section! Yahoo! I'm holding down the 45th parallel up in Enosburg Falls.

Hope all is well and enjoy the snow! (Wind, not so much...:D)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having fun in the snow here is Starksboro!

Anyone else out there? Come on gotta be atleast twenty of us in Vermont by now. Time to get to gether for some fun.

BTW, If you need work done I can do it. 12 years on European cars. Oil change pretty simple. Am looking into getting a dealer repair manual.

Happy New Year.

Spread the word!

George
Agent 99

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the wait- I don't know, but this is a good place to watch for that.

FWIW, get snowies and extra steel wheels if you're going to drive in the winter. I drive down 2-3 times a week to BTV from Enosburg and there is interstate buffeting and the northbound section of 89 between Fairfax and St. Albans is fun on a windy day. I have absolutely no regrets and its my daily driver, my poor neon feels so unloved...
(Plus I got the cruise control.. that will be a treat to install:) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Enosburg owner

Hi! I didn't realize that we had our own section! Yahoo! I'm holding down the 45th parallel up in Enosburg Falls.

Hope all is well and enjoy the snow! (Wind, not so much...:D)
I'm a CT/VT owner, didn't realize anyone in Enosburg had a Smart. My sister lives in Enosburg. I'm anxious to get to VT this Spring.
Enjoy your Smart.:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
once more from Colchester, our Smart should arrive in a month or so :)
What is your color? did see few of smarts in Burlington in March 09 :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Smart Car Club New England as well :)

Hi Vermonters :)

We have another huge Smart Car Club:
Smart Car Club New England in existence since early 2008

hope you all will join that one as well

the website is down until Tuesday, April 20
but look again then:
www.smartcarclubnewengland.com

until then - drop a line to:

[email protected]

We also have road rallies, diners n' drives, meetups, etc.

Maybe we could all join forces for an even bigger event
I'm game for all

We're all such a fun crowd, don't you think?
Hugs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi from Springfield, VT
I am thinking of getting a Smart. Have been desperate for news about winter driving, winter starting and how does it fare on the interstate. I have heard there is 1 Smart in Springfield. Have not seen it but my mechanic said he VT inspected it. I expected I would have to get winter tires. I did for my current Pontiac Vibe (I just change them twice a year - you recommend buying rims?). I have been talking with a dealer in Boston. Was supposed to be there today & my son changed his flight into Boston to Tues. I am currently looking into renting a car for a few days. Absolutely no one I have talked to is supporting me. It's not safe, it's too small, not economic enough for the cost. Please give me some talking points. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi again,
What do you mean, you got the cruise control? That is one of the sticking points. They don't have cruise control. Am I missing something?

The other is only 1 plug for electrical toys. I have 2 cells (one for work), 1 computer (for work), XM radio, and just bought a GPS. I currently have 3 and the XM radio came with the car. All that switching.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey all, Burlington checking in here. I just got a silver Passion. What a great car, I can honestly say that it has been a looong time since I have really loved a car, well the wait is over cause I love this one!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello fellow smart fans :) I'm back-and-forth-living between Boston,MA and Burlington, VT with an '09 Passion -- 34K miles and a huge fan.. defending the virtues of the 451 all over the entire east coast! :) I just wanted to see if there were any active groups/meetups in the Burlington area, and/or if anyone wanted to discuss options for the coming winter. I did mostly great with my stock setup in VT last year, but I got stuck in serious snow a few times -- thinking of my options as far as snow tires, etc.. wanted to see what other smarties are up to :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
For anyone else out there trying to figure out the best setup for the smart going into this winter, here's what I found so far:

451 Snow Wheel package

shop.flyingtiger.ca/index.php?p=product&id=866&parent=95

Pricey at about $1,100 USD but with the TPS installed and steel weels -- it looks like the best way to go, no?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts