Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe over a year ago the one Mercedes Dealership in (Ann Arbor) Michigan that still provided Service ceased working on smart cars. In the past year I phoned a range of local shops that seemed promising, worked on European cars, worked on old Mercedes vehicles etc. Again and again "nope" "won't touch it". Up until recently I only knew of Christian Brothers Automotive as a chain with a location an hour away in Grand Rapids that regularly worked on smart cars. Was happy at least had some place could go, near-ish by.

Thus if you are in the Mid-Michigan Area be aware of this really nice tiny car shop in the middle of Lansing that not only works on smart cars but has one parked outside, as one of the company vehicles. That's how I noticed they might be friendly to smarts. They are at a major intersection at Saginaw and Pennsylvania. Hope this post helps others. The smart-skilled mechanic is named Darren. He bought the shop a used smart on a whim and now works on them. The shop itself is full of nice employees that have a relaxed but professional atmosphere. Nice little waiting area for you with strong Wifi. Great reviews of it online.

This week I took in my 2011 Smart Fortwo 451 with a mysterious banging noise. Darren jumped in the car 10 minutes after I got there, drove it for 5 minutes, returned and parked it, walked in the waiting room and said "Was it in the rear driver's side?" I said "Yes" he held up a piece of a spring and said "We can fix it, and FYI the noise is gone now." They charged me $50 and ordered two new springs.

Thumbs up!

Here's their website

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I believe over a year ago the one Mercedes Dealership in (Ann Arbor) Michigan that still provided Service ceased working on smart cars. In the past year I phoned a range of local shops that seemed promising, worked on European cars, worked on old Mercedes vehicles etc. Again and again "nope" "won't touch it". Up until recently I only knew of Christian Brothers Automotive as a chain with a location an hour away in Grand Rapids that regularly worked on smart cars. Was happy at least had some place could go, near-ish by.

Thus if you are in the Mid-Michigan Area be aware of this really nice tiny car shop in the middle of Lansing that not only works on smart cars but has one parked outside, as one of the company vehicles. That's how I noticed they might be friendly to smarts. They are at a major intersection at Saginaw and Pennsylvania. Hope this post helps others. The smart-skilled mechanic is named Darren. He bought the shop a used smart on a whim and now works on them. The shop itself is full of nice employees that have a relaxed but professional atmosphere. Nice little waiting area for you with strong Wifi. Great reviews of it online.

This week I took in my 2011 Smart Fortwo 451 with a mysterious banging noise. Darren jumped in the car 10 minutes after I got there, drove it for 5 minutes, returned and parked it, walked in the waiting room and said "Was it in the rear driver's side?" I said "Yes" he held up a piece of a spring and said "We can fix it, and FYI the noise is gone now." They charged me $50 and ordered two new springs.

Thumbs up!

Here's their website

View attachment 67529
And where is their smart?? No pic of it??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts