Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Vredestein has finally gotten around to making their Quatrac 5 All-Weather (not the same as all-season) tires in the OEM sizes for the Model 451. They're available for the front and back from Tires-Easy.com: https://www.tires-easy.com/brands/vredestein-tires/quatrac-5. Tires-Easy.com is the only dealer I can find in the US for Vredestein passenger tires. There are lots of dealers for their agricultural tires, but not the passenger tires.

More information on the Quatrac 5's can be found here: Details - Vredestein. Note that these tires have the snowflake symbol so they qualify as snow tires.

I have the Quatrac 3's on my 2015 ED (Model 451). I actually prefer them to the OEM Kumho Solus KH-16 tires in terms of ride comfort. They're great in the snow (we got 10" today which is unusual for Portland) and quieter than the Kumho's. The Quatrac 5's are supposed to be even better in terms of ride comfort and noise.

I'm thinking of getting a set of the Quatrac 5's when the Kumho's wear out and just running them year-round. I'm not sure I would do that in a hotter climate, but I think I'll be okay here.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Just put two new Quatrac 5's on the rear of my coupe. They seem to be a little noisier than the original Kumhos, but maybe that's my imagination. The noise isn't horrible, but I think I hear it more than with the Kumhos. The Kumhos wore out at 15K miles, so if the Vredesteins give me 25K or so, I'll live with the noise. After reading your post, maybe the Vredesteins weren't the best choice for me here on the pretty snow free NC coast. But I've heard good reports about them on other Mercedes forums and figured I'd give them a shot.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 15,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 5,500 miles

·
Registered
812 Posts
The Quatrac 5's get quieter once all the little rubber threads have worn off...

They are also great in the rain which you get a little of.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
That's good news - thanks.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 15,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 5,500 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts