Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FWIW, my VVME HIDs have been faultless performers until one side went out tonight. Fortunately, it was just the bulb that died (the ballast was fine) and putting in a new bulb fixed the problem.
I installed the kit in February of 2009 so that's close to 4 years without a problem. Kudos to VVME.

·
Registered
345 Posts
FWIW, my VVME HIDs have been faultless performers until one side went out tonight. Fortunately, it was just the bulb that died (the ballast was fine) and putting in a new bulb fixed the problem.
I installed the kit in February of 2009 so that's close to 4 years without a problem. Kudos to VVME.
I also have been running these for about 6 months now. Did you get a new set of bulbs or just one, and does the color match still between headlights?

One last question where did you get the bulb from?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really did't expect it to last this long so last year I bought another kit as a "back up" so replacing the bulb was quick and easy. Probably not a bad thing to do when they're on sale although you could always put back the halogen bulb until you got a replacement.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I really did't expect it to last this long so last year I bought another kit as a "back up" so replacing the bulb was quick and easy. Probably not a bad thing to do when they're on sale although you could always put back the halogen bulb until you got a replacement.
:D I did the same thing !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
guys can you help me out here....
i wanna get these VVME's too....

on their site obviously im assuming my 2013 passion will fit the 2008-2011 .....

is the digital slim kit what I want or the standard? assuming i just pick:

standard/digital
h7
desired wattage
relay harness (is this needed....read on one of the million HID threads it may not...)

thanks for the info, 10 yrs ago these things were a fortune, now 31$ LOL

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The HID bulb on the other side died today. Replacing it with my remaining spare solved the problem. Time to watch for another VVME sale and order a backup kit so I'll be ready in 2018 when these die!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts