Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dealer: Park Place,Dallas. Order date 4.19.08 so won't get car till 09 maybe. Although you may have seen in one of my many posts that when I emailed Smart USA they emailed back and said I should be looking at a Nov 08 to Jan 09 delivery date. I will believe it when I see it. One could only hope.:]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yea, I am not really looking too hard to get a new car payment till end of the year or later. I figure the longer it takes the more I'll have saved up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good move!!
Let's hope you can hang in there until your's comes in. I have already put 7000 miles since 11 March... Having a blast...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wow! You are definitely not letting any grass grow under your car. You must be loving it!!!! What do think about the transmission shifting? Any big deal? That is the biggest concern I'm getting from all the posts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is my second smart, my first one was a 1999 Blue and silver, passion...when I lived in Europe, I owned it for 4 years then I had to sell it due to the european specs... Shifting is a normal thing for me, I love the options, auto or stick, the paddles are fun (feels like formula 1). Do not let anyone deter you from owning one. Specially today, I saw 385 per galon on the way to work. Stay focus and get one. I already ordered a second one for my wife. She drives a BMW and prefers my smart, that says a lot...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, it's funny I 've been reading about the Smart for a couple of years now and I am a fan of small cars. I went to see one after they finally arrived in Dallas. I took my wife, she didn't even want to get out of our car. After I sat in one, I was amazed at how roomy they were inside. I about had to drag her in to see and try it out. When she finally got her seat in the seat she was shocked at how roomy it was. We had tried out Miata's, Mini's and some other cars and our wide bodies just didn't fit right. So we decided where else can you get a good looking, fuel efficient convertable for under 18k? Plus I was also looking at getting a touring bike and she thought the Smart would be much safer than a bike. and the rest is history.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A lot of people are sckeptical at first. To prove our car we took a 14 day, 11 countries trip and we logged over 3500 miles. To conmemorate the occasion we bought a sticker of a giant set of lips and placed on the back of the car... KISS MY A.. to all who said we couldn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts