Smart Car of America Forum banner

Waiting impatiently, our reservation #s mean nothing

7K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  gamernotwatcher 
#1 ·
Did not want to risk missing my place to confirm, so I asked politely via email, which # sequence had they made it to. I received this the same day I recieved the confirmation.

This is their responce.
Dear smart Enthusiast Your confirmation has nothing to do with when you have placed your reservation. Unfortunately we are unable to view the reservation in order. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us via email or by phone at 1.800.smartusa. Thank you for your interest in smart USA. You will be hearing from us soon! Michelle Fenner Customer Service 1.800.smartusa www.smartusa.com

So, maybe I will recieve my car before all others.:rolleyes:

#4 ·
I called the 800 number and talked to one of their reps. I asked them if they could in the confirmation section of their website at least post the date that they had completed their batches through. It still wouldn't tell us where we stand because we wouldn't know how many reservations there were between that time and our own reservation but it would be somewhat informative, and give us a reason to check the site.

#10 ·
I'm 4/3/07 2:36PM last 4-digit 1188

so it helps to know I'm close to a confirmation ... perhaps a few days away? Still no more news on who has been confirmed as a dealer in Chicago but at least the word is we'll have two so the number of folks interested must be fairly strong.

On the last 4-digit sequence, if smart went through ~ 11 (from 1174 to 1185) in 20 business days that's about .55/day so could predict to be asked to confirm on or about 5.45 days or 11/13 ... of course that's just step-two, but its enough for now!

#12 ·
so it helps to know I'm close to a confirmation ... perhaps a few days away? Still no more news on who has been confirmed as a dealer in Chicago but at least the word is we'll have two so the number of folks interested must be fairly strong.

On the last 4-digit sequence, if smart went through ~ 11 (from 1174 to 1185) in 20 business days that's about .55/day so could predict to be asked to confirm on or about 5.45 days or 11/13 ... of course that's just step-two, but its enough for now!
It looks like you'll be at bat next week Tuesday or the following Tuesday at the latest.

#17 ·
Wow, not many people can make me look like an optimist!

I think two things are going to happen that will get me a smart by Q3 2008,

1) Dropouts
I think of the reservation program as waiting in line to get in line. I bet quite a few of the younger crowd will not follow through. All it takes to stand in the first line is a hundred bucks. The second line will ask you to sign a purchace agreement which will require a higher level of access to daddy's credit card.

2)Accelerated Production
There are plenty of people who will replace the dropouts. Probably two to one. PAG has got to know that no matter what the did, they could sell 100,000 of these in 2008 easy. I'd be staying awake nights trying to figure out how to make that happen.

Bottom line, we are moving up in the line AND the line is going to get longer just as soon as some smart rubber hits the American road. (Insert obligitory comment about expensive fuel here).

#21 ·
Reservation number

I still can't figure out this order number. If we are only looking at the last four digits then how can there be 35400 sold?

I got in line May 14th with the last four digits 1229. It looks like its only 50 or so orders until my number comes up. Is this right?

#22 ·
Bill the last four digits represent the number of DAYS, not number of reservations. 3/19 represent the digits 1173, therefor 1229 represents that you reserved 56 days after 3/19. The beginning digits represent the exact time of of day you made the reservation. There is another thread that explains the format. By using the time as well as the day, they can determine your place in line.

#27 · (Edited)
rkentiam, my number is 1262 (June 16th), yours 1252 (June 6th). They are currently around 1190+ (first or second week of April) in sending out confirmation emails. We should see something mid to late December

And my number is 1226-- not received email to confirm yet, hoping next few weeks.

My number is 1232 and I was afraid I was left behind...sent email recently to SMART USA and was told I will receive email confirmation soon ! By the way, ran into a Smart Car yesterday. It was parked at a restaurant. Had to make a u-turn and go back and see it. Still want one and can't wait (but will).

Teapots

#29 ·
That's right they are at 1196 now. I called yesterday and they are doing everything to contact people by phone(as reminders) and email to confirm and configure. As word got out in April there was a surge in reservations. So between rising numbers of potential buyers and trying to contact those people so that no one whines and cries unfair,I didn't know, I was not home...etc.,the process has slowed somewhat. I am 1197. As soon as I hear from Smart I will pass the word.

#30 ·
Ok so here's something to ponder. My number is 1268 and I will more than likely be picking my smart up in Seattle as I'm from Montana. Member "centerxtreme" is also number 1268 and is from Tennessee. I'm not sure where they will get theirs but would assume it's somewhere on east coast. So now we have two orders from the same day but different sides of the country. Who do you suppose will get theirs first??

#33 ·
My last four numbers are 1263, and sure will be gald to get the cofirmation. After a deer totaling our trusty '97 Neon, the smart can't come soon enough!

It's kind of like sending in the boxtops off of the cereal boxes as a kid, and then waiting for the trinket on the back of the box to come in the mail.

PhilWinIL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.