Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now broken 1,000 miles on my smart and find it amazing that I haven't seen any other smarts being driven while I've been driving mine! I've spotted a couple here and there, but they were either parked or I wasn't in mine at the time. I'm at 1,045 miles now and I'm eager to see what my odometer will read when I first see another smart on the road while I'm driving.

Anyone else hit 1,000 miles without passing another smart on the road?

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
not yet, but closing in on it. I have seen a couple other smarts around town, but have not been in my smart at the time. Wait, I take that back........I did see jwight drive his while I was driving my - I guess that counts (even though it was planned)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yet to see one 'in the wild'. But as there are only 2 other known Smarts in the state and those are near WVU, a long was off, I may not see one for a while!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've never seen another smart anywhere - except in pictures. I didn't buy mine from the dealer and had it shipped from California to Bisbee. I'm driving to San Diego next week, so hopefully I'll see another one!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I haven't seen one while I was driving either! In fact, I know for a fact that they've sold more than 50 already in my town (well, fact being that's what the dealer said), and I've seen exactly three: two parked at different times and passed one before I picked my smart up. I know when I do pass one, I'll be honking and waving like a madman!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I haven't seen one while I was driving either! In fact, I know for a fact that they've sold more than 50 already in my town (well, fact being that's what the dealer said), and I've seen exactly three: two parked at different times and passed one before I picked my smart up. I know when I do pass one, I'll be honking and waving like a madman!
Before I picked mine up a few weeks ago, I had only seen them in Europe. The first week I had her, I saw two smarts parked in the city.

Then, about a week ago, I'm driving toward home and look in my rear view mirror and what do I see? Another smart! Two days ago, said smart owner appeared on these boards and the rest is history. (OK, so there is no "rest" except we live about 4 blocks apart).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't expect to see another Smart car up here in the mountains of NH for awhile. I understand there are a few others in the state.... but they haven't taken a drive to the White Mountains when I have been toodling about to see them. Also... given the trouble my local town clerk had getting the thing registered, I know I am the first here... but undoubtedly not the last! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw my first smart sighting yesterday while driving in mine. It was in Saratoga Springs NY, White/Black. Anyone from here? I got excited and told my wife. Naturally she could care less. I told her "You wouldn't understand its a smart person thing."

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got my car on June 20. I did see one on June 22, (registered in CT). Actually saw it twice that day. But I haven't seen another one while driving mine since. Can't figure it out. Dealer told me I was #110 sold from their dealership. They may be small, but they're VERY obvious!

Doenut

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I saw one twice on two consecutive days but have not seen it since and it has been a couple of months since then. I was on vacation in California and saw a couple of them. There was a 'dealer' in Fairfield California but their prices seemed higher than they are here in New Jersey. :)

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it finally happened. I wish I had a great story, but it was sort of a let down. With 1,112 miles on the odometer, I passed a bumblebee smart in Watertown, MA. I honked like crazy and waved my arm out the window like there were 1000 angry bees flying around my head, but the guy never saw me because he was turning before he got to me, and there was significant traffic to occupy his concentration. I was happy to finally see my first while on the road, although I'm still waiting to share a wave with another smart that passes by!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
My first sighting in the wild

Saw my first non scheuled, non dealers lot smart on the road driving mine. I was headed west on I 90 about 97 miles out of Scanectady, NY and the car was a black one in the rest area on the eastbound side. Hello to you whoever you are...This seven months after getting the car. There are only a miniscule amount of us out there.
karl

·
Registered
833 Posts
I park my smart outside my shop and almost everyday 2 smarts drive by and honk. Yesterday I pulled out of the shop and looked in my mirror and there is the blue smart behind me. He pulled up next to me and waved. It's always fun to see another smart on the road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does This Count?

I was getting into my Smart in a parking lot and saw an all black Cabrio go by. It was heading south on Rte. 7 in Wilton, Ct.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I've seen three in the wild where I didn't originally know who the owners were. One was a halfhearted hand wave and the others were....nothing. Some of the Smart owners just don't have that crazy psycho enthusiasm some of us do.

·
Registered
707 Posts
To some its just another car!! no biggy!! Today was the best day, passed three on the road! One going North I 77 Yellow, Next Yellow at Sonic Drive In , passed a blue one going to work on Route 160 near I 485. Getting better every day.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Now I know almost all the other Smarties around here so very few are "True in the wild" sightings. No big deal though if they don't share my enthusiasm - I know I can go a bit over the top. :) You should see me when I spot a pre-1968 Corvette (driving a like car)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had my smart for two months, and today was the first time I passed another one on the road. Unfortunately, it was a divided highway, and I had my window up, and he was looking straight ahead, but I waved anyway. Hi to the guy in the yellow/black smartie driving 590S in Rochester about 11:45 am 7/23. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts