Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey smart people, it's been a while, but I found myself being a bit nostalgic for my '08 smart and that got me wandering the halls of SCoA today. Glad to see a lot of familiar names and some new ones! I read a while back that smart was going all EV so that was interesting.

I'm in a different area of WV now about 90 minutes from DC and have converted over to the EV and solar life for the most part. The only gas powered appliance I have left is an ICE Rogue, but we get around locally in a Leaf which is most trips. We hope to replace the remaining ICE this fall with a AWD PHEV or an AWD Tesla M3 (if my number is up by then). I have to say that solar and EV is quite the combination. My wife had to put gas in the ICE recently and commented that she had to stop for a second and think about what she needed to do since she hadn't refueled in months.

What has everyone else been up to in smart world? Did we ever settle on the size of the fuel tank? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Hiya!!! I'm not sure when was the last time you were here, however I used to call myself Neonspinnazz. I changed my name when I had a major life change around Halloween 2014.

I've racked up the smarts, too. I now have two 450s, a 451, and a 453! :x

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Welcome back! My smart is now in smart heaven I'm afraid. Insurance money got me a Scion iQ. But sticking around. Maybe someday...

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods now!
I'm just a little north of Martinsburg in Spring Mills right off 81. We bought this place last Jun and moved during the last week of Aug, so we're still learning the area, best restaurants, etc. It's definitely a different part of WV than Charleston. It's also nice being close to 3 other states and DC.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiya!!! I'm not sure when was the last time you were here, however I used to call myself Neonspinnazz. I changed my name when I had a major life change around Halloween 2014.

I've racked up the smarts, too. I now have two 450s, a 451, and a 453! :x
Hey Neon, I definitely remember! I see the smart bug bit hard after you brought Tucker home! Cool deal.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back! My smart is now in smart heaven I'm afraid. Insurance money got me a Scion iQ. But sticking around. Maybe someday...
Yeah, I play around with the idea of another smart at some point, maybe an EV cabrio. I have to have a Tesla first, but after that, who knows...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yeah, I play around with the idea of another smart at some point, maybe an EV cabrio. I have to have a Tesla first, but after that, who knows...

I searched the country for one that had ALL the features mine had. Found one close, at a Toyota dealer in TX. When I called, upon researching the sales lady said they were just writing up the paperwork for the sale that morning!

I was mad that I didn’t search harder/earlier, so I got something even more rare:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm just a little north of Martinsburg in Spring Mills right off 81. We bought this place last Jun and moved during the last week of Aug, so we're still learning the area, best restaurants, etc. It's definitely a different part of WV than Charleston. It's also nice being close to 3 other states and DC.
We shop 901/Spring Mills Walmart all the time. Yep, the Eastern Panhandle is the “mild” part of WV. We moved into the area about 16 yrs ago full time but had been here part time since the early ‘70s. Located West of Hedgesville off Rt 9.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We shop 901/Spring Mills Walmart all the time. Yep, the Eastern Panhandle is the “mild” part of WV. We moved into the area about 16 yrs ago full time but had been here part time since the early ‘70s. Located West of Hedgesville off Rt 9.
Hey, OliverB, I must have missed your response back in May. Is that your yellow smart I see at the Spring Mills Walmart?

Here's a couple events coming up you might be interested in:

We have a National Drive Electric Week event scheduled for Martinsburg on Sep 15 if you want to stop by. I'll have my Leaf there unless the Tesla gets here soon (should be here Sep-Nov according to Tesla). Check it out: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1461

There are also some places on the National Solar Tour (including mine) on Oct 6/7 if you'd like to see/talk solar with a homeowner: https://nationalsolartour.org/tour-locations/

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hey, good to hear from you! No, not mine. I’ve seen it there also. Mine will be a Hickory brown 453 Passion ICE with splash guards. Half a mile up the road from me there is also a Grey & Black Prime 453 ICE. I’ve seen several 451s around too. More recently since they are so inexpensive used.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha. I don't see many 453s around, but I think I have seen the gray one. I'll keep a look out for yours!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I feel like I have come home, almost. Nice to see some familiar names and avatars. I've even missed seeing my Cat with the wig avatar. The BB Benz is alive and well, though presently leaking air from rt. rear tire due to another pot hole encounter in Memphis. Some streets are nothing more than a continuous string of pothole patches. My favorite is a subsidence with a deep hole at one end. Yeah, they fixed it alright. They filled in the hole but not the overall subsidence, so there is still a pothole to straddle but the broken out hole part has been filled in level with the rest of the subsidence. Typical. I must see to the Brabus bend that is the cause for the leak. The BB has been sidelined as of late due to the firm ride of the Brabus shocks. Each hard jarring bottoming out of the suspension tends to cause headaches for my partner who has had brain surgery to install a shunt (fancy word for drain valve and drain hose) from the ventricles down to the outer lining of the lungs. Babies with the large heads at birth have high pressure blockages. Us old farts sometimes get a partial blockage that causes Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus which compresses the brain in the skull producing odd gait, falls, and ultimately loss of continence. For us, the falls were the most notable, some gait disturbance and Parinaud's syndrome which is the inability to look up with the eyes. So now I am the driver. Hopefully, the falls will cease, and full vision will return and headaches will fade as the brain gets used to a new hole in the head. One of the funniest falls happened getting out of the BB. My partner stood up, but fell back against the tridion cell but was sliding toward the back of the car. He ran out of car! He sat down hard on the pavement, then hit the base of his neck and of course his head which sounded like a cracked coconut. Very scary sound, but mostly bruised his tail bone. Running out of car was funny later, just not at the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts