Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, I'm going to try a tablet install and the key to my scheme is the auxiliary radio cable that plugs into the back of the stereo. These used to be plentiful but now they're very hard to find. None of the smart enthusiast sites have them listed and even Ebay is dry. I'm willing to pay top dollar (provided the bill starts with a two and ends with a zero).

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The radio 10 has a 3.5mm headphone jack, it doesn't have a usb as far as I can tell. I know some smarts have them in the glovey, mine has just the jack.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Is this what your looking for? Or is it some type of cable, that connects from the radio, to the AUX port, in the glove compartment.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That will work for the 3.5 port in the glove compartment. The one I'm looking for is a 3.5 mm jack that plugs into the back of the smart radio 10 which you would use a cable like the one you posted to plug into. Basically it just adds a 3.5 jack to the car. It's easier to hide the wires with the jack that Smart Madness is selling.

I've tried out 3 or 4 different tablets and only have one left to try. It's a cheapo android tablet but should be sufficient if the gps works ok with it. I've got an ipad on there now and it looks great but there's several deficiencies. It's a little too big, there's no headphone jack so I have to set up one of those blue tooth receivers and that adds wires everywhere and the ipad is very hard to see while wearing polarized sunglasses. I had double cataract surgery this year and don't leave the house without sunglasses anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts