Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well, I had an "oops". I was driving in an alley at dusk, and had the right wheel on declining pavement, and the left wheel on level pavement. CRUNCH! Broke the shield under the radiator into pieces. I was able to hold it back on with Gorilla tape (good stuff, way better than duct tape), but driving down the interstate, my hood flew off and dragged on the ground. So, now, there's a big burn mark on the hood where it dragged. The hood still comes loose occasionally despite being taped down.
Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can get a new under-radiator shield and hood? I really can't afford one from the dealership. Used is fine, any color.
Thanks in advance.
Chico

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
Well, I had an "oops". I was driving in an alley at dusk, and had the right wheel on declining pavement, and the left wheel on level pavement. CRUNCH! Broke the shield under the radiator into pieces. I was able to hold it back on with Gorilla tape (good stuff, way better than duct tape), but driving down the interstate, my hood flew off and dragged on the ground. So, now, there's a big burn mark on the hood where it dragged. The hood still comes loose occasionally despite being taped down.
Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can get a new under-radiator shield and hood? I really can't afford one from the dealership. Used is fine, any color.
Thanks in advance.
Chico
Hi Chico. I have an entire set of red smart panels if you are interested. Call me at 587.224.1481 and we can talk.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts