Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a LOW MILEAGE 2009 Brabus Cabriolet (Black Exterior/Black Interior) in great condition. I bought this car in 2009 brand new and loved it. Sadly I had to sell the car when I moved overseas. After eight years, I have returned to the US (in the Chicagoland area) and would love to reacquire this car in similar condition. Mine was immaculate and had only 8,000 miles. I know I am asking alot but I am willing to pay for quality. I am very concerned with the Brabus rims being in good shape (no curb damage), as we all know the rims are expensive to replace.

Before anyone asks, NO, I am not willing to buy a similar vehicle in another color. YES, it must be an actual Brabus version, not just a black car with badges.

I hope someone in this forum can help re-unite me with a very cool car from my recent past. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good Luck!! I know the feeling... I own a 2009 Smart Cabrio Brabus edition with only 29K miles. The car was mint inside and out until a lady ran a red light last week and destroyed my baby. I know they are hard to find but don't give up and I hope you find what you are looking for.

You know that only 600 were made in that year that were both Cabrio and Brabus.
300 Silver
300 Black

Cool Fact!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you found one yet? I check the usual sites to buy cars every now and then and haven't seen one in awhile. I have the same, and looked for a long time before buying one that was out of state and having it shipped. Here's a recent picture of it tucked in the corner.

yanet1219, dang, that sucks, glad you're alright. Anything left of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
No I have not found another one. Hopefully someday I will.

I do have several things for sale from it on the market place if you are interested. I have 3 Brabus wheels and tires in like new condition. ( The fourth wheel and tire were destroyed in the accident) I also have the pair of OEM floor mats with the Brabus logo, The OEM Smart embroided Black pouch with all the original manuals and booklets that came with it in 2009. I believe there are 8 or 9 books. The two rocker panels for each side, the center console unit.

Let me know if you are interested in anything. My cell number is 305-590-1948 in case you have questions.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for looking!!! Yes, I know if you look you could still find them. Unfortunately this one is not cabrio. I would prefer a cabrio. Anyhow, I need to make the time and search again for that special smartie!!!

Thanks again!!!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,734 Posts
That one does look pretty nice. If there were 300 black cabrio, do you know how many coupe?
From what I have been able to determine, there were about 300 each of coupes and cabriolets in each color in 2009. So 300 black coupes, 300 black cabbies, 300 silver coupes, and 300 silver cabbies. The total of 1200 is the most accurate info I have been able to come up with in the last 10 years. I have a black Brabus coupe. Remember, these numbers are approximate.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
Last year, I saw a silver 2009 Brabus smart cab. On sale at Car Max here. It was transferred to Houston. Then Oklahoma City. Only 19K miles. Had a accident report. $5,900. It’s going to be really hard to find a low milages one.

Didn’t they start to offer the Brabus model, on later years date.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
7,969 Posts
It’s going to be really hard to find a low milages one.
True that as the MY09 Brabus was very much a "son of a niche" . . .

With only 300 examples being built, patience is a virtue! Six months ago I picked up a "GARAGE QUEEN" silver B'bus cabrio in Mississippi with a clean CF and only 15k miles for $5k.

Note, more often than not a convertible will sleep in a garage . . .

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,734 Posts
I think I may have one of the lower mileage 2009 Brabus coupes. It is black with 5,068 miles. Always garaged and covered and only rained on the day I drove it home from the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts