Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,033 Posts
Way too expensive. Has no extra options.
$16,890 was the original 2016 MSRP!

“Too expensive” @ $14,495 in 2021 BUT almost new (1,038 mi) and with a manny tranny, RARE!

Probably not a nicer one out there…

·
Registered
75 Posts
$16,890 was the original 2016 MSRP!

“Too expensive” @ $14,495 in 2021 BUT almost new (1,038 mi) and with a manny tranny, RARE!

Probably not a nicer one out there…
Do you work for the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2016 for $11,000 with 50K miles (manual) from a dealer. They were on the high side of pricing but I really wanted a manual and the car had one owner. It is in really good shape and a blast to drive. The dealer told me that the used market is insane right now. Where they used to have 50 people at auctions buying used, they now have 600. 2020 Models are being rebranded as 2021-22 due to chip shortages and pipeline suspensions. My 2015 Nissan Frontier is going for more than I paid NEW! As a first time Smart owner, I'm having a blast. Been looking for over a year now. Wife told me I couldn't get another motorcycle so I opted for the next best thing.

Word of advice, look closely at the photos of interiors when searching for a manual tranny. Will save you some communication time/frustration. Funny, many listed as "Manual" were missing their clutch pedal and shift stick in the photos...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought a 2016 for $11,000 with 50K miles (manual) from a dealer. They were on the high side of pricing but I really wanted a manual and the car had one owner. It is in really good shape and a blast to drive. The dealer told me that the used market is insane right now. Where they used to have 50 people at auctions buying used, they now have 600. 2020 Models are being rebranded as 2021-22 due to chip shortages and pipeline suspensions. My 2015 Nissan Frontier is going for more than I paid NEW! As a first time Smart owner, I'm having a blast. Been looking for over a year now. Wife told me I couldn't get another motorcycle so I opted for the next best thing.

Word of advice, look closely at the photos of interiors when searching for a manual tranny. Will save you some communication time/frustration. Funny, many listed as "Manual" were missing their clutch pedal and shift stick in the photos...
I not only look at photos-I run the VINs. Where did you find your car? I must have seen it I am sure as I have been looking for over 3 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found it on Autotrader. Out of only a few listed as a manual, it was only one of three nation wide that were truly manual. Dealer was in TX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I not only look at photos-I run the VINs. Where did you find your car? I must have seen it I am sure as I have been looking for over 3 months.
I found it on Autotrader. Out of only a few listed as a manual, it was only one of three nation wide that were truly manual. Dealer was in TX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish you luck. My wife ordered a 2017 manual Cabriolet when they were released in ‘16. Took months to show and was pricy then. I think it is the only manual in FL. Sorry, you would have to run her over to get this one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello, Hope you all can be of help and that I’m not violating any forum rules by posting a wanted ad! I am moving back to the US after 6 years in the Netherlands and am desperate to buy a Smart for my return home. I’ll be in the country as of the end of this month and have just started my search in hopes of finding something for my July 23ish arrival.

Wishlist:
2016 or 2017 Smart 453 (gas not electric)
Coupe
Prime Trim (Heated Seats and Pan. Roof are a must)
Manual Transmission
Exterior color is not an issue, any will do (there’s always the option to wrap)
Interior preference is for solid color or tonal, please no Orange + Black combination.
Location is not really an issue, I’ll be moving to Seattle and have family in New England, Florida, and Utah, otherwise can ship or make a road trip out of it.

And before anyone states the obvious, yes, I have reached out to a transportation company to get advice on if I was to buy a smart here in NL and ship to the US. Haven’t heard back yet, so hedging my bets by posting this. If anyone has imported to the US, would love any and all insight and advice on that topic too!
Hello, Hope you all can be of help and that I’m not violating any forum rules by posting a wanted ad! I am moving back to the US after 6 years in the Netherlands and am desperate to buy a Smart for my return home. I’ll be in the country as of the end of this month and have just started my search in hopes of finding something for my July 23ish arrival.

Wishlist:
2016 or 2017 Smart 453 (gas not electric)
Coupe
Prime Trim (Heated Seats and Pan. Roof are a must)
Manual Transmission
Exterior color is not an issue, any will do (there’s always the option to wrap)
Interior preference is for solid color or tonal, please no Orange + Black combination.
Location is not really an issue, I’ll be moving to Seattle and have family in New England, Florida, and Utah, otherwise can ship or make a road trip out of it.

And before anyone states the obvious, yes, I have reached out to a transportation company to get advice on if I was to buy a smart here in NL and ship to the US. Haven’t heard back yet, so hedging my bets by posting this. If anyone has imported to the US, would love any and all insight and advice on that topic too!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wish you luck. My wife ordered a 2017 manual Cabriolet when they were released in ‘16. Took months to show and was pricy then. I think it is the only manual in FL. Sorry, you would have to run her over to get this one.
LOL!! I should have ordered a 2017 Smart Fortwo coupe but I was into Mini Coopers back then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only difference is the trim.

Mine is 2016 passion white/silver passion.

Manual transmission

All black interior.

33000 miles.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts