Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I looked at the one in Colorado Springs in person and it is beat up pretty good!
Really, how so? I did notice how all of the exterior photos were blurry. Was the paint in bad shape? Probably washed it with the scrub brush and a blast-o-wash.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I looked at the one in Colorado Springs in person and it is beat up pretty good!
This is what is so concerning about buying cars that you cannot see in person. I am just hoping one pops up close enough to me that I can see it. I highly doubt this will happen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That black one with 1k miles is nice but I have always heard that low, low miles can be a negative as it has hardly been driven and just sat. Thoughts anyone??
No negatives with mine.....I always buy a low mileage ex-demonstrator car rather than the extortionate price of a new car. So I bought an ex-demonstrator 453 Cabrio at many thousands of pounds cheaper than new. The unusual thing about it, was that it was a car that was lost in the dealership's computer system, and so it lay forgotten in a field at the back with other new cars and not driven for a year, and had only 20 miles on it. Realising their mistake, the car was put up for sale, and I bought it. They had to do a first year service on it as it was a year old, so it was just like a new car, but a year old. Had it two years now and is a fantastic convertible and drives great.

The forgotten Cabrio.....:D

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I'm wondering just how many true manual transmission smarts made their way into the US? I've got a 2016 silver/black one I picked up new from the dealership and I know it's the only one in my area but don't know about the state. I haven't met another manual smart owner yet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wish you luck. My wife ordered a 2017 manual Cabriolet when they were released in ‘16. Took months to show and was pricy then. I think it is the only manual in FL. Sorry, you would have to run her over to get this one.
That's funny Wizzo. I was looking to replace my 08 smart with a 2017 Cab/auto was told that autos are hard to find. Found one at Coconut Creek FL MB flew down and bought it drove back to Idaho. Love the car but have been thinking of selling as i have 4 cars & am 76yrs old don't need that many at my age.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm wondering just how many true manual transmission smarts made their way into the US? I've got a 2016 silver/black one I picked up new from the dealership and I know it's the only one in my area but don't know about the state. I haven't met another manual smart owner yet.
I already own a 2016 silver/black one and am looking for a 2017 manual. I have only seen one for sale since February. 2021. I am wondering how many ‘17s were produced in the US.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's funny Wizzo. I was looking to replace my 08 smart with a 2017 Cab/auto was told that autos are hard to find. Found one at Coconut Creek FL MB flew down and bought it drove back to Idaho. Love the car but have been thinking of selling as i have 4 cars & am 76yrs old don't need that many at my age.
Hmmmmm

41 - 48 of 48 Posts