Smart Car of America Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m new around these parts and hoping y’all can help. I’m in the market for a fortwo with true manual transmission (not the clutchless SmartShift situation often marked as “manual” on car sites). Hard to find, as I know others have discussed. I’ve been on all the websites, am pounding the digital pavement with dealers, trying to get a broker to take up my cause, etc - but the used car market is bananas in general right now and this seems a bit of a unicorn.

I’ve found exactly 1 so far that I can confirm is really manual: https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1936737
…and someone is already in the process of buying it! I’m hoping it falls through (unless it’s someone from here, in which case, enjoy your new wheels and nice work! 😉)

I would be very grateful for any leads y’all might have. Thanks!

edited to add - I’m in NYC but would ship or enlist friends and family around the country to help me out here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joe, fingers crossed!
@rawv, sorry, just realized the title is unclear - manual transmission, not the owner’s manuals : )

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi all, I’m new around these parts and hoping y’all can help. I’m in the market for a fortwo with true manual transmission (not the clutchless SmartShift situation often marked as “manual” on car sites). Hard to find, as I know others have discussed. I’ve been on all the websites, am pounding the digital pavement with dealers, trying to get a broker to take up my cause, etc - but the used car market is bananas in general right now and this seems a bit of a unicorn.

I’ve found exactly 1 so far that I can confirm is really manual: https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1936737
…and someone is already in the process of buying it! I’m hoping it falls through (unless it’s someone from here, in which case, enjoy your new wheels and nice work! 😉)

I would be very grateful for any leads y’all might have. Thanks!

edited to add - I’m in NYC but would ship or enlist friends and family around the country to help me out here!
Not to rub it in, but I found mine on Craigslist and paid $8500. It is a 2016 with 35k miles and the old owner added a new head unit with CarPlay and backup camera, kept up on all maintenance and added new tires and wheels. I looked and looked since February and have found some manuals, but they were all super overpriced. I actually had a hold on that black one on Carvana and decided against it because it is just so highly priced. Yes, the market is crazy right now, but also, the manuals are very hard to come by which is why I bought the one I did. The guy lived an hour from me too. I totally lucked out.

I advise to give the market some time to settle down—there will be one out there for ya…unfortunately, the orange with orange and black interior seem to be the most popular combo for manuals. Hope ya like Halloween. 🙂

Mine is the even rarer Rally Red with black tridion cell. I know, I know—stop rubbing it in. Haha

I do wish you luck in your search.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
That black 5 speed looks like a really nice car. It equipped with a subwoofer rear, upgrade alloy wheels. Panoramic roof.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks @Bean0709… gives me hope that it’s possible! Yeah, market is nuts and that car is $$ but I’m in NYC so used to paying through the nose for no reason, 😂

I also have a trade in (2013 Forester) which will also go for an inflated price in this market, so I’m hoping it all comes out in the wash. Will keep my eagle eyes open. Appreciate the tips and good vibes!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks @Bean0709… gives me hope that it’s possible! Yeah, market is nuts and that car is $$ but I’m in NYC so used to paying through the nose for no reason, 😂

I also have a trade in (2013 Forester) which will also go for an inflated price in this market, so I’m hoping it all comes out in the wash. Will keep my eagle eyes open. Appreciate the tips and good vibes!

There is a 2016 on Craig's list in Cedar City, a true stick shift ,orange with only 17,000 miles for a decent price

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
There is a 2016 on Craig's list in Cedar City, a true stick shift ,orange with only 17,000 miles for a decent price
@earl, good lookin out, got a link?

edit - never mind, found it, and contacted em! I just moved back east from Utah funnily enough so could get some help on that end. We shall see. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm 3 hours from Cedar City.
My niece and nephew have a vacation home in Duck Creek. I love it there.
Small world! I lived in SLC for about 6 years, didn't do nearly as much exploring down in southern UT as I should've before heading back east though. Gorgeous place to be.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
2 key fobs? Do you live in IN?

If not, get a discount for the Powertrain Warranty that you might not be able to access??

“Jordan Premium Select (Green)
The best of the best vehicles in the Jordan Budget Center come with a green “Jordan Premium Select” sticker. These models have been inspected by us, and any problems have been repaired. This allows us to offer a 6-month/6,000-mile powertrain warranty at no extra cost.”

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2 key fobs? Do you live in IN?

If not, get a discount for the Powertrain Warranty that you might not be able to access??

“Jordan Premium Select (Green)
The best of the best vehicles in the Jordan Budget Center come with a green “Jordan Premium Select” sticker. These models have been inspected by us, and any problems have been repaired. This allows us to offer a 6-month/6,000-mile powertrain warranty at no extra cost.”
That's a good catch - I don't live in IN so can hopefully get a deal there!

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
Striped model does not even have power mirrors.
True but likely the majority of all MY16 453’s with the manual 5-speed will be the base model Pure.

This because they wanted to be certain that there was some Pure (w/no options) inventory available to meet an advertised entry level price!

·
Registered
62 Posts
True but likely the majority of all MY16 453’s with the manual 5-speed will be the base model Pure.

This because they wanted to be certain that there was some Pure (w/no options) inventory available to meet an advertised entry level price!
Thanks for the heads up, I see that the one in Cedar City is a Passion with some options.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.