Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted, one 15X6 Rial Le Mans wheel. I was unable to save one of mine when my insurance company took possession of my totaled '08, so I've only got three.

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn’t try to buy your wreck back?
The difference in the settlement was about $1,000 between keep and release. Enough difference to allow me to buy another car. The wheel isn't the only upgrade I couldn't save though. :-(
It wasn't really a wreck. Hurricane Michael did the job while sitting in the driveway. smarts are tough, but don't throw a roof at them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The difference in the settlement was about $1,000 between keep and release. Enough difference to allow me to buy another car. The wheel isn't the only upgrade I couldn't save though. :-(
It wasn't really a wreck. Hurricane Michael did the job while sitting in the driveway. smarts are tough, but don't throw a roof at them.
I’ll keep that in mind! lol

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Location? I bought my Kahns from a gentleman north of Seattle, and I think he has one or two of those wheels.
I live east of Panama City, Florida. Didn't figure it was relevant. Since nobody lives here, it'll have to be shipped almost regardless of where it is.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have one rear Rial that is off-round. If you know of anyone there who can round the wheel up, I am willing to let it go for cheap.

-wahi

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one rear Rial that is off-round. If you know of anyone there who can round the wheel up, I am willing to let it go for cheap.

-wahi
I don't know of such a place. But, I will check around to see if anyone fixes wheels here.
I know that when my '08 was wrecked, the shop sent the affected wheel out to be 'refinished'.
It had some scratches.
Will they know what you mean by 'off round'? I don't.
Is it the rim bent, or what exactly?

[man, I hate the way this site removes spaces at ITS own discretion]

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well, the tire shop guy said that the wheel was "out of round" after he tried to balance it with a new tire. Fortunately, I had another two Rials (one new, one used) which I had wanted to mount on the front that I had bought earlier, so I took one of them to replace the faulty one. I know exactly why the wheel got "bent". I had run it with a nail (flat) home from work one freezing night ...(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts