Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Passion Cabriolet 104,000 miles ,2016 Passion Coupe 4,500 miles
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.....I recently purchased my 2009 and due to the fact that the 12V battery was shot, it had to be replaced. Now I have an airbag warning light and a TPMS warning light on that were not on before.
Is there a fuse or relay or something that could be bad?

Thanks
Later :cool:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Did you get to drive it for a good distance / time after battery replacement? The TPMS light should clear if nothing else. Not sure about the airbag light, based on your limited description of pre battery purchase history.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes on the driving distance.....When I tried to reset it, it blinked 5 times and then it stays lit.
Limited history available,but the airbag light was not on before the battery change.....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Check your tires for proper inflation, then. How long have you driven the car since you got it? Never, until you changed the battery? Long shot on the air bag light, but check under the driver's seat for things that might jam up and loosen the airbag cables there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Once before changing the battery, lots since the battery change.....Tires have been checked with a good digital gauge and double checked at Discount Tire......
I am going to check under the passenger seat as there was a stereo amp under there when I got the car that I have since removed.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Good info there. OK, one of your TPMS sensors could be bad. Discount Tire could do that check for you. What I've heard from earlier airbag light-on discussions is that, at some point, connection to the airbag system could have been inadvertently interrupted when hot. One should not remove the seats, for example, without disconnecting the battery at least 30 minutes prior to that act.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Your airbag light probably came on after the amp was removed or the seat removed with the battery connected and the key turned on. I would check with a body shop and see if they have a scan tool that can reset your airbag light. Otherwise, you will have to go to a Mercedes Dealer to get the light reset and they will charge more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same airbag light issue after taking the front end apart for a radiator fix.

A Foxwell NT 630 scan tool will reset those lights. It costs about $140 through Amazon, but a dealership would charge you the same or more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts