Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m saddened to report this information.

I was Pm by a member here. Jackson233

telling me to contact
[email protected]

He said this person had the parts i was looking for. (Work meister s1 wheels)

to say there was red flags is an understatement. After 5 days of the most ridiculous excuses why he could not get me pics and kept asking me to send money in a way that’s not protected/The ability to get my money back.

I actually have spoken on the phone with him a few times. He comes across as not having very good English and a bit of a Indian accent. (551) 231-0076

He goes by the name James. And his PayPal email is [email protected]

He says his full name is
Blake James Woodrow

I actually tried to send a couple dollars to his PayPal with goods and services for a test and PayPal would NOT let me send it. Which tells me PayPal probably has a dispute with him. Which is why he’s requesting sending money only through friends and family. Or zelle.

I would advise extreme caution when dealing with any of these emails or phone numbers or names.

also, if someone has had a good experience with any of this contact information please let me know.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Beware, of those income tax scammers out there. They some how get your phone number. Wanting you to send them delinquent taxes, with a gift card. If you don’t, they will send the law out to arrest you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That name does not appear to be a registered SCoA member....? :)
Yes, I don’t think this is a member. Just a name and email that was used to try to get money from me. Still associated with Smart Car Parts though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Even on Ebay (USA and UK) you are risking it, I sent for set of new car matts for my 453, and got a $1 small tin of Vaseline petroleum jelly deliberately instead :D

Luckily I only use Paypal linked via Ebay, and I got my money back.
Only problem is Ebay is dumping pay by Paypal in 2023. Do not know what i will do then to protect transactions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Even on Ebay (USA and UK) you are risking it, I sent for set of new car matts for my 453, and got a $1 small tin of Vaseline petroleum jelly deliberately instead :D

Luckily I only use Paypal linked via Ebay, and I got my money back.
Only problem is Ebay is dumping pay by Paypal in 2023. Do not know what i will do then to protect transactions.
if you have a good credit card, they will protect you. i use Discover

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts