Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Possibly 3 DC area dealers

There are three DC dealers that hosted invitation drives in August. Lindsay was one. The other two are Mercedes of Tysons, and Euromotorcar in Germantown. As stated in other posts, Euromotorcar has already hired someone called a smart usa coordinator. I know people that went to each drive and all three dealers said they expect to be named as a smart dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the invite from Euromotors... but it was on a Tuesday and there was no way I would have been able to leave from work in the District and make it to Germantown in time.

I would have been able to make it to Alexandra. This is disapointing.
:confused:

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
I got the invite from Euromotors... but it was on a Tuesday and there was no way I would have been able to leave from work in the District and make it to Germantown in time.

I would have been able to make it to Alexandra. This is disapointing.
:confused:
I know how you feel bro.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
From what I understood from the Smart folks last saturday no decisions have been made yet.
I think the difference is decisions have been made, but no announcement of the decisions will be made until January now.

smart still getting ducks in row. Difficult process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Couple more notes on lindsay being a No. Va. smart dealer. Besides their link/text in the map (lower left of their main site, I think that is what's been there for awhile), they also have a picture of the Smart that will eventually flash on the screen in their main graphic. Oh, also saw that they have registered lindsaysmart.com which redirects to their main site. I wonder how the construction is going that someone mentioned lindsay was doing.

The Tyson's dealership also has smart references.

It's comforting to see things that show movement , even if they were there all along and I'm just discovering them :)

So, now, which will be the one will I get sent to? Hmmm. With my reservation number, I'll have plenty of time to figure that one out :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello everyone! Could somebody in NoVA/MD find out if Lindsay will be a dealer servicing the Richmond area? I've tried contacting Checkered Flag in VA Beach but it looks like they won't be open for a while and honestly, Lindsay in Alexandria is a little closer to where we live than CF. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lindsay

Go to http://www.elindsay.com
and click on the smart link.

The smartusa.com site will come up and there will be a place on the top of the website where you can enter your contact info....

Let us know if it works...

I'm hoping that they will be my dealer (they will donate $200.00 to your favorite non-profit according to their website), but I have a feeling that since I got the invite for the dealer event from Germantown, I might have been assigned to them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Email from Lindsay Auto

Hey guys & gals,

I rec'd this today. I wanted to share.

Thank you for visiting our Smart Center Alexandria web site. We anticipate receiving our initial shipment of Smart Cars during the second week of January 2008. We will announce our opening of our showroom and look forward to you stopping by for a test drive. If you have any further questions let us know.

Thank you,

ray

Raynard M. Fenster
eCommerce Director
Lindsay Automotive Group
1525 Kenwood Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22302
703.;647.1270 office
301.922.8311 cell
202.330.5575 eFax

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received a similar e-mail after filling out the form at the top of the page. By the way, Lindsey's Smart showroom looks like it's close to being completed. We were nearby so decided to drive by to see where its located. It's beside their Cadillac dealership in a small building on Fern St. which is right off Quaker street. I wish I had my camera so I could have taken some pictures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey all, I got a call from our dealer. The guy left me a voicemail. No details. The guy wanted me to call him back. This call could be for two things. A: my smartcar or B: I made an inquiry via the website. (see post above). I think it's for B but I guess wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Follow-up.

Spoke to one of the Smart guys in person.

Smart Dealership will open Jan 14ish. They still do not have any info on what they are getting. They should be getting some demo cars in a couple of weeks.

-Gary was very pleased with the information the person from the Coast Guard gave him.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Smart Center in Tysons Corner Opening

There is a very good chance that the Smart Center in Tysons Corner will be open by January 7th. They are located in what was previously the Aston Martin showroom.

Smart Center of Tysons Corner
8545 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182
Tel: 703 442 8200

·
Registered
197 Posts
Smart Center of Tysons Corner

smart_hack!
have you been by the Smart Center of Tysons Corner recently? Has anyone else?
I hope you are right about the 7th.

·
Banned
20 Posts
smart_hack!
have you been by the Smart Center of Tysons Corner recently? Has anyone else?
I hope you are right about the 7th.
I stopped by today. I was told that they would be open on Monday. I didn't see any cars. And may not have Smarts by the 7th. However, they said the staff would be more than happy to answer our questions.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
From what I understand there are cars in Baltimore but will not be released until the Smart folks from Europe come over around the 15th of the month to inspect the cars after their "boat" ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts