Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey, just thought about this. Myself and my other half will probably not be going into the wine festival itself this year. Don't feel like fighting through an ocean of frat boys to taste wine when I could visit the couple wineries I liked in town anyways. Rather hike and explore in town this time around. I couldn't remember if there were special tickets, if any we needed to buy to do the laps, but not go into the wine fest. Any insight on that?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey, just thought about this. Myself and my other half will probably not be going into the wine festival itself this year. Don't feel like fighting through an ocean of frat boys to taste wine when I could visit the couple wineries I liked in town anyways. Rather hike and explore in town this time around. I couldn't remember if there were special tickets, if any we needed to buy to do the laps, but not go into the wine fest. Any insight on that?
A couple from Canada made the trip, and something popped up last minute and they had to go and miss out on the Wine Festival. They made their way out, and it occurred to a couple of us that they basically had a free morning jaunt.

:p That's all the insight I can offer!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We'll finish packing and get on the road in a couple hours. Excited for another year!

I had the backing of Smart USA Marketing the finest year, and then Smart Center Buffalo last year, but both Latham and Buffalo are booked this year - looks like I'm your only source of entertainment. :D

I'm happy to be heading year 3, and excited to see this year's group tomorrow morning. Safe travels everyone!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks like the Watkins Glen Wine Festival is July 10,11 and 12th this year. The Smart Car ralley usually happens the same weekend, so I'm thinking Saturday July 11th?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Will this event be taking place this year?
I hope so! Any info would be great for the 2015 year.
Looks like the Watkins Glen Wine Festival is July 10,11 and 12th this year. The Smart Car ralley usually happens the same weekend, so I'm thinking Saturday July 11th?
I'm hoping to be in Cleveland that weekend, so it looks like I will have to run the track earlier that week.
I can't tell you how busy life has been, but this is certainly in the cards!

Official announcement in the first week of June!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Skippy, you need help with anything, let me know. You are on my Facebook, so send me a message there. Happy to help in any way I can.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Skippy, you need help with anything, let me know. You are on my Facebook, so send me a message there. Happy to help in any way I can.
I just may take you up on that! Planning this weekend with a post going up; not much different than previous years. Final call to the 'Glen today or Monday.

(I can say that someone broke the few rules we had and got a little speedy and did some passing last year, so I'm hoping everyone can behave before we make someone mad.)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Everyone has to realize that they let us do this for free. Disrespecting the track rules is wrong. Argh! I hope they still allow us to run this year.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Everyone has to realize that they let us do this for free. Disrespecting the track rules is wrong. Argh! I hope they still allow us to run this year.
Talked to Rob at Watkins Glen (different Rob!). Going to sent him the post to approve before I actually post it here. When he approves it, it goes up! We will be running the laps this year, and he kept notes from last year notifying people of out event.

Very cool of them to keep this up, honestly, they have all been the absolute nicest people to deal with. I considered doing other tracks like New Hampshire and Pocono, but I just don't want to break tradition and leave The 'Glen. Plus, a road course is much more fun anyway!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts