Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am staying in the Watkins Glen State Park at Cabin 112C, and many others will be at the campgrounds, too. A few others have mentioned the Budget Inn on Main Street in Watkins Glen. Who's staying where? Let us know who we can expect to run in to wherever we are!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm at the same tent spot, 110 oneida loop, right across from you skippy.
Might have a fire or something on Friday or Saturday night and throw back some homebrews, if anybody cares to join.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking to stay in the state park for our first year to watkins glen, can anyone help a noobie with the things I should ask or know ahead of time?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looking to stay in the state park for our first year to watkins glen, can anyone help a noobie with the things I should ask or know ahead of time?
Not much to it really. Reserve a campsite here. As far as I can tell, it involuntarily signs you up for some outdoors company subscription services. You'll get emails about it. Call ASAP and cancel your account with them. They said there's a way to opt out when booking, I didn't see it. Otherwise you'll eventually get charged for that.

You can book a standard tent site, which is what I do, or a cabin (no electricity). In Oneida loop there is a building with flushing toilets and showers. I managed to play tetris and fit gear for my self and my significant other, including the tent, sleeping bags, mats, and clothes in the trunk of my coupe last year. I have a trailer this year which will hopefully make that less difficult.

Bring some kind of sleeping pad or mat, even if doing the cabin. I'd recommend a cot, inflatable mat or even air mattress if doing the tent thing. The ground is a bit rocky at most of the sites. I went with a thin egg crate mat last year, and my back did not thank me.

All the camp sites have a fire ring and picnic table, I think they all have a cooking grate as well, but bring foil if you're going to cook on it. As always, don't bring firewood from out of state. They also sell bundles at the camp office there. Bugs were pretty bad, some citronella candles wouldn't hurt.

Hope that helps. If any more questions come up, don't be afraid to ask!

Edit: The scammy company is ActiveAdvantage/Active.com. I immediately emailed their support at [email protected] and asked them to cancel my account. They emailed back within 2 business days to confirm my account was cancelled. This what I sent them:

Good afternoon,
I was signed up for this involuntarily while booking a campsite. I'd like to cancel my subscription. My name is <redacted>, and my email address is <redacted>. Is there any other information you need? Thank you.

Best regards,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Roadway Inn on Watkins Road for me.
10 minute drive to the Raceway.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Adele & the wee car

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's just a day trip for us. We'll meet you guys at Walmart, run the track, socialize, attend the Fest for a bit, and head back to Cortland. My wife doesn't know it yet, but she's driving the laps! She wasn't able to go with me last year. See you all there!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'll be leaving overnight and meet you guys at Walmart in the morning. Chat, do the laps, enjoy socializing afterwards, then head back home.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd like to stay over, but looks like every place is booked now. I should have gotten something earlier. It's not a bad drive for me though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts