Smart Car of America Forum banner

Will you be attending, or do you have plans to come to The 'Glen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Watkins Glen Event listing is a good indication of who's coming from The Insider, and I was hoping to get a rough number of those who might attend. I wanted to get a similar list going from SCoA if possible.

If you are certainly attending, might plan on going, or if you're not quite certain yet, please feel free to post in this thread with a HereHere or your status. :) (Running tally below, Italicized are on both lists.)

Insider RSVPs:
Definite - Myself, Putt Putt, jwight, Gregg Roberts.
Maybe -- Scot Bozarth, Adele2Cats, XCAPEPOD, Barry Prosser, Mike & Carol, Tom O'Brien, Dave(dgreen17), John Daniel Facemire II.

SCoA (This thread):
Definite - Myself, Dave(dgreen17), Centurion, grrodder, jwight.
Maybe -- LTDThree.
Interest outside this thread - nmcl714.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skippy--
I'm going to be there!

dave.
Woohoo! I see you got the login stuff ok. Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure you know by now (we've been in contact via email for anyone wondering) I'll be updating this section with specifics as time rolls on.

Head over to the New Members Area if you'd like; introduce yourself, say hi, and try to explain why you you got a Smart and joined us loonies. :p

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pencil me in also! Should have recovered from the Key West adventure by then...:)
You got it; moved from Maybe to Definite; just what I love to see. Can't wait to meet some of you here to find out just who these psychotic people are with the answers to everything. :p

* Regarding the Insider; do I have to move you over from Maybe to Attending or can you do that? (Or is it not an option?) Either way, you're accounted for. :)

** Ah, gotcha jwight. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
28,198 Posts
You got it; moved from Maybe to Definite; just what I love to see. Can't wait to meet some of you here to find out just who these psychotic people are with the answers to everything. :p

Regarding the Insider; do I have to move you over from Maybe to Attending or can you do that? (Or is it not an option?) Either way, you're accounted for. :)
Changed it on insider also. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have just made Reservation at the Budget inn on Franklin ST. People who are planning to attend should make there revervation quickly. Rooms will start to fill up fast.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Have just made Reservation at the Budget inn on Franklin ST. People who are planning to attend should make there revervation quickly. Rooms will start to fill up fast.
We booked our hotel in watkins glen for the 13,14,15th at the Harbor Hotel downtown!
Thanks for the head up, folks! :) Hope you like where you're staying! Seems like everything in The 'Glen area is nice.

My last edit of that running tally was on the first of March. Everyone on there is accounted for up until that point here, but I'm keeping a local tally for my own records.

I figured I'd keep an open poll for those that want to RSVP quickly, too.

·
Super Moderator
28,198 Posts
Need to point out that the Canadian Ontario Mystery Tour has been scheduled for this same weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Centurion is booked at Budget Inn, See you then.
Thank you, we'll see you there!
Need to point out that the Canadian Ontario Mystery Tour has been scheduled for this same weekend. :(
:eek: Whaaattttt? Son of a biscuit. In your opinion, what does that mean for this event? LTDThree had to cancel because the Mystery Tour was going on then (which is fine) but I hope that doesn't mean a flood of cancelations are on the horizon. Really. I might cry. :eek:

I take this to mean that the Canadians' attendance is out of the question, but how many of the USA Smarties from here go there?

----------

Never fear!

There is already a good number of people that plan on going, with many having already reserved hotels - so I don't plan on moving my date away from the Wine Festival's weekend. I'm going to be on the racing surface of Watkins Glen at 9:00am in the hot mid-July sun GULLDARNIT. (/Soapbox)

Who scheduled the Mystery Tour? Where are they? WhyIOughta... :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts