Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
9,956 Posts
I remember now,I starting a tread, like that. Many moons ago. There are a lot of smart car owners. That have never been on this site. I know from Facebook, smart car groups out there.
They never heard of this forum. smart car venue, drives over year.

· Registered
763 Posts
I was late to the party. 5 Smart cars later still here. I dumped my '08 and '13 because of miles and fake news of engine and transmission doom. I dumped my 1st '16 for the same reason... ...new platform new angst. The second '16 I had to dump... ...wife can't physically drive a stick. I've had Minimus Prime since '17 and haven't looked back. Thanx to all the helpful insight on this unique creature.

· Registered
Now 09 451 Passion Cabriolet Met Blue & Silver First 08 451 Passion Cabriolet Yellow & Black
2,338 Posts
Been here since 2012 with my first 08 Yellow &Black Cabriolet. Sold it to a member here.
A couple of motorcycles in between.
Joe LeFors
Registered · From SOUTHERN NEVADA
Joined Aug 31, 2012
Last seen Jan 5, 2016

Now as
Jo e Lefors
Registered · From 09 Cabrio Southern NV
Joined Dec 11, 2016

And few years later I bought an 08 Blue & Silver Cabriolet. Having forgotten my original password and I closed the e-mail account it was attached to, so I just rejoined again.

· Registered
80 Posts
New guy. Still here. Still screwing with this F’ing radio. Think I finally got it. Third radio. I think this one now is gTg. Never buy cheap radios. First one died on me the third day. Second one had a very faint beep sound playing threw the speakers. Thought I had a bad ground or bad wiring on my part but I think it was just a cheap unit. Put the original alpine in it and it’s perfect. Word to wise. Don’t be cheap like me and skimp on a good radio. Lesson learned. All that’s left now is to wire back in the Flux capacitor and torque down the muffler bearing and I should be gTg!!!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Purchased my 2008 SMART cabrio (aka: lil' pepper) in Virginia Beach back in 2016. It was a second car for commuting around DC for work at the time. Drove less than 5k a year. Now with 68K on the odometer, still own it today after shipping it out to Las Vegas last year. Never joined any car groups, but figured I would since these are so rare now.

Besides motorcycles and my off-road Jeep CJ7 in high school, lil pepper is without a doubt, the funniest petrol powered machine, I've ever owned :)

(Pictured: Blue Ridge Parkway, VA - summer 2018)
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Plant

· Super Moderator
18,148 Posts
Still here after 14 years. I was a teenager fresh with a driving permit when I joined. I proclaimed that smarts were my dream cars!

Got my dream car in 2012, then again in 2016, 2017, 2018 (sold), and 2020. Now I look forward to importing a crossblade in 2027 and a roadster around the same time.

And of course, I have amassed a collection of 8 other cars over that time, mostly Audi and Volkswagen with a peppering of Japanese kei cars.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts