Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be sure I order the correct mats. I have a 2016 Smart ED but because it's electric I think I need to order 2015 liners. Weathertech doesn't have a designation when ordering for the ED version. Is that correct that the ED is different than the gas 2016 model. Theses are made to fit exactly. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Why not just call, Weathertech up. Ask them, if there’s any difference. What could be different. Same pedal and brake position, passenger side the same area too.

Do you own a 451, or 453?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for a non-answer. I’m not an idiot I could call them but I thought from what I’ve read the the 16 smart gas is physically larger larger so once again thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Thanks so much for a non-answer. I’m not an idiot I could call them but I thought from what I’ve read the the 16 smart gas is physically larger larger so once again thanks for nothing.
I asked you if you smart car, EV was a 451, or 453? I gave you advise, to call Weathertech. They would know best.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,634 Posts
RickyM, if your smart is the one in your avatar, you definitely have a 451. The floor mats would be different from a 451 to a 453. I have used Weathertechs in other cars and they are definitely made to fit that model and year car exactly. There was a carryover when the 453 first came out. The EV still used the 451 platform for another year. Order to fit a 451 and you will be fine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 1983JZR3W. That's what I thought and I really appreciated you telling me that. I did talk to Weathertech on the phone and they were not sure. I knew someone here would have the answer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my Weathertech floorliner mats for my 2016 ED. fit perfect. Ordered for a 2015 as I knew they were the same on the ED. Love Weathertech.

·
Registered
30 Posts
please post pics of the weathertech as my experience with them is that they turn a dull grey worn color and difficult to restore back without making them slick(slippery).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please post pics of the weathertech as my experience with them is that they turn a dull grey worn color and difficult to restore back without making them slick(slippery).
Well the ones in my Smart are new so they look like new but just got rid on my Camry which also had Weathertech floor liners that were 3 years old and they looked about the same as when I installed them. Love Weathertech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts