Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Revelers, fans, friends and fiends,

If you want to see MORE pictures from the Nationals, I have posted the high- (and low) lights at Green Penguin Photography, smart Nationals Online Gallery

The entire site is dedicated to the event. :smartlogo:

:D I made it a point to take your picture when it would be the least flattering! I tried my best to blind you or at least distract you with my flash! I snuck up on you when you had no idea I was even there. And of course, you know I am just kidding! The photos are all decent and boring. :rolleyes:

All told I got over 3,000 photos (altho I can't possibly put all of them up), and my crew did its best to give equal time to the cars, the activities, the people and the shenanigans... :eek: Registration, the Tech Talks, vendors, installations, car wash, the BBQ, Jill and other speakers, the rain, the parade, Liberty Memorial, the brunch, the wonderful participants and your cars, it's all here!

The group shots are also posted there. If you pre-ordered one, and HAVEN'T yet told me which shot you want, now is the time. And while it is not yet done, soon I will post the license plate collage, featuring EVERY (crosses fingers) license plate on a smartie that was at the Nationals. :yelclap: It has promise of being awesome.

I had hoped also to put up a DVD of highlights, out-takes and the stop-action start of the parade as seen from the lift, but Donita's slideshow is so good I may not. If there is an interest in it, make some noise. If not, that's OK, too, I'm swamped already!

So you won't be surprised, the pics are all for sale. (Hey, what did you expect? I was hired to be the Event Photographer, for the HUGE sum of zero dollars! :nuts: ) But you don't need to spend a cent to look at them. Just realize there ARE some fine blackmail shots available cheap! :wink: Forest... Navy... Smark... Jet??? Nawww!

My hope is that they bring back happy memories or, if you weren't there, that they at least show you what was happening. And maybe some of them will make you smile.

Enjoy!
Terry

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
By the way, did anyone get A photo of me (sock Monkey) hanging from the mirror of LT-N-FLFY or were you all distracted by the Big Shiny Ball on the car?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FANTASTIC TERRY :)

Thanks :Thankyou: for sharing with those of us that were not able to attend :D

Thanks Chief. Delighted you like them! Just wish you could have been there.

Terry, thanks for the photos - you were right about the least flattering part! :)
Ha ha! You have no idea! :p The dilemma is Which pose do you select when there are two or more people, where one of them looks terrific and the other looks like a goof? :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I tried to select the pics where everyone looked decent. Oh, there are a LOT where someone looked hilarious, but I don't like angry crowds (especially with pitchforks), so I tried to be gentle.

Besides, as a photographer yourself, you KNOW how bad you look (and so hide behind the camera!). That was a key motivator for me to get a camera! :eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The folks In the photos that look bad may not want them, but the rest of us might be willing to pay for that:angelanddevil:

Which might be reason enough to offer a DVD, which would include the out-takes...

<Cue evil laugh>

Glad I got everyone to sign a Model Release waiver. Oh WAIT! :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts