Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
One thing that would be really popular would be relays that do not hyperflash with stop and turn LED's with no power resistors needed.
Yes, that would be a hint. :D
Most modern cars (including the Smart) have a digital flasher module, so sadly you can't just replace the flasher module to prevent hyperflashing from occurring.

We will make installation videos to demonstrate how easy it is to install resistors, and release a set of switchbacks that are tested, and guaranteed to work on the Smart Cars.

You have to keep heat in mind when installing LEDs, although it would be nice to have a turn signal LED with resistors built in, that heat would cause the LEDs to fail quickly

We use 6 ohm 50 watt load resistors as they work well, and don't require too much modifications.

I also look forward to seeing some of our newest COB angel eyes installed on a Smart Car. They are very bright and exceptionally reliable

Lots of exciting things to come! :D

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Switchbacks that I am familiar with are found on US 129, known as the Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina.:D
What kind of switchbacks are you referring to?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Nick,
Yes I have my original KillerBee which is a 92 Miata which is Sunburst Yellow with black racing stripes. I saw you last month when I was in a yellow SSR KillerBee with black stripe and accents.
Mick
That's exactly what I thought!

We still need to get a Smart Car in for testing to BTW :wink:

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
We still need to get a Smart Car in for testing to BTW :wink:
Nick thanks for becoming a dues paying SCoA supporting vendor. :thanks_smile:

Without seeming snarky, DD (double D?) was founded in 2006 and in 2014, 6 long years after smart was introduced to the U.S., you "still need to get a smart in for testing?"

Though smart is but a small niche in that big auto aftermarket world, where have you been my friend? :huh:

Anxiously awaiting a place on your e-commerce store pull down Quick Finder menu showing some smart specific plug and play packages as a result of your smart testing . . .

smart consumer profile note:
some smart owners are more into functionality and really don't need RGB LED's dancing to the music by remote control.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nick thanks for becoming a dues paying SCoA supporting vendor. :thanks_smile:

Without seeming snarky, DD (double D?) was founded in 2006 and in 2014, 6 long years after smart was introduced to the U.S., you "still need to get a smart in for testing?"

Though smart is but a small niche in that big auto aftermarket world, where have you been my friend? :huh:

Anxiously awaiting a place on your e-commerce store pull down Quick Finder menu showing some smart specific plug and play packages as a result of your smart testing . . .

smart consumer profile note:
some smart owners are more into functionality and really don't need RGB LED's dancing to the music by remote control.
We have acquired state of the art light testing equipment within the last few months and our company has outgrown it's current office. Even though Smart cars are small, we wanted to wait until we had our new studio to really test it properly.

I realize that RGB products are not for everyone, but we will be releasing more functional products as well, and some custom accent pieces

Trust me, we would've been testing cars every week this past few months, but there just wasn't enough space to do it right.

Nick C.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts