Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Websense thinks they're evil, when they're not. Can't get there from work (unless I remote into one of my home pc's). No big. Glad to see them as a vendor, hope I never need them though.
But in case I wasn't clear - Welcome about, S.O.S.!! I'm very glad to see a valuable resource like yours around here. One of our member's experience with your company was very good to see.

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
works for me, try deleting your browser history.

I'd be interested to hear some testimonials from some of their clients, and some pricing.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Hey S.O.S.!!

How about a tour of the facility and and a photo shoot of the programming lab, guys??

I think the membership would like it and I need a road trip! Before the snow flies! :D

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Hey SOS, You show the Keys to a 451, but the smart car photo on the site is of a 450

Get it updated. And the flip side of the car has an air intake, your photoshop work is sloppy. Give Dunerunner a tour and grab some photos while your at it of a current smart

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey S.O.S.!!

How about a tour of the facility and and a photo shoot of the programming lab, guys??

I think the membership would like it and I need a road trip! Before the snow flies! :D
Well, to get that level of security clearance will take some time. But, you can stop by the shop any time.

Hey SOS, You show the Keys to a 451, but the smart car photo on the site is of a 450

Get it updated. And the flip side of the car has an air intake, your photoshop work is sloppy. Give Dunerunner a tour and grab some photos while your at it of a current smart
Very funny. Are you a bored fella?

Thank you all for the welcome.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
I think Dune and Forest are just looking for some established level of credibility.

You have to understand that you are offering a service that, until know, has cost hundreds to thousands of dollars and could only be done by the dealer. For 3 years it's been that way and then your company just pops up.

The incorrect car on your website as well as some other issues leave us with valid questions. Ones which I truly hope there is an honest answer for.

Good luck to you here. :)

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
The Navy gave me a Top Secret clearance and I maintained that throughout 33 years of Government service.....Don't remember it ever having been revoked!! :D

BTW, guess the "Before the snow flies" comment was not the right thing to say!! Nearly 3" on the ground this morning!! :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think Dune and Forest are just looking for some established level of credibility.
Well, your all all free to ask specific questions if that will help. "Comic book guy" or "Cliff Clavin" statements will taken as such. :)

You have to understand that you are offering a service that, until know, has cost hundreds to thousands of dollars and could only be done by the dealer. For 3 years it's been that way and then your company just pops up.
3 years isn't very long these days. We have been doing this type of keys from pretty much the beginning of immoiblizers here in the US. Until recently, we had not been approached to make one of these keys. When I realized the need, I developed a solution.

We have similar solutions for many makes. If you search on Ducati forums you will see we have a good reputation for programming those keys. Believe it or not, it is more expensive if you lose the keys to a Ducati than a Fortwo (at the dealer that is). Smart, Saab, Ducati, and a few others require replacing expensive parts when all keys are lost so we figure out how to reprogram the original parts to save money.

The incorrect car on your website as well as some other issues leave us with valid questions. Ones which I truly hope there is an honest answer for.
I am not a Smart car expert. I am an immobilizer key expert (if I do say so myself). As for incorrect car...It is a Fortwo isn't it? Further, I can program keys for that one too. No where does it say the pictured key fits the pictured car. However, if it will appease the Smart Gods, and someone has a similar picture for a 451 chassis, I will gladly change it. :)

Rest assured, we have the correct keys for your model, further we also have sub keys without remotes that will also work.

I don't know how to put your all of your doubts to rest here. It will probably take time. Thank you all, and we look forward to creating a good working relationship here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Site worked fine for me, No Communist roadblocks stopped me :mad:NORTH KOREA IS THE DEVIL
What's your sub key look like? Sounds like a valet key.
Traditionally, a valet key means it will not open the trunk or glove box. As far as I know, there is no such thing for a Fortwo. I will try to get a picture of our substitute key for the website soon.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts