Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!

After years of admiration for the smart brand, I've finally joined the club. On Friday I purchased a '12 Cabrio with 15k miles. I'm coming from an '07 Jetta GLi Fahrenheit Edition...I guess you could say I'm growing up, I've decided that saving money trumps going fast at this point in my life. :) Looking forward to all the fun and adventure to be had in my smart, and after one weekend I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

Thank for having me!

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Welcome to the sCoA from sunny St. Louis. First question....what mods do you have planned? You do know it against the smart laws not to mod your smart. Second question...what mods do you have planned? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the sCoA from sunny St. Louis. First question....what mods do you have planned? You do know it against the smart laws not to mod your smart. Second question...what mods do you have planned? ;)
First is LED dome light upgrade, I upgraded the interior lights in my Jetta and the bright white light makes such a difference! From there, I can be slightly stagnant since at least one mod is completed. :p Eventually I'd like to upgrade the radio to NAV system, so I have some forum scouring to do to find out which head unit people seem to like best - currently the only ones I've read up on are the eBay unit, and the stock Nav.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome from somewhat overcast Los Angeles. You're going to have more fun than you can imagine! I have a cabrio too which I've totally modded out. It becomes an addiction, as it were. :)

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Let me be the first Floridian to welcome you to the smart world of motoring. Well an ex-northerner.... but that's a little technicality. Max, our 08 carbio is silver/black with the red interior as well. He has been enjoying the Fl weather for the past 4 years being life on the road in Maine. Currently just an hour and a half or so north from you in the Ocala area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me be the first Floridian to welcome you to the smart world of motoring. Well an ex-northerner.... but that's a little technicality. Max, our 08 carbio is silver/black with the red interior as well. He has been enjoying the Fl weather for the past 4 years being life on the road in Maine. Currently just an hour and a half or so north from you in the Ocala area.
Sweet! I'll be heading up to Ocala for a camping trip to Juniper Springs soon here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sweet Fortwo!

If there's going to be a classic Fortwo -- way, way, way, down the road -- it' going to be a Cabrio with a red interior.

I grew up with VW's and frequent the well-known www.thesamba.com site. Try to find any sixties Beetle, Karmann Ghia or Fastback with a red (in VW parlance: Pigalle) interior... they were rare to begin with and now they're both rare and heavily sought after!!!

Welcome, and enjoy the ride!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts