Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I'd almost given up on getting our own space here but great to see we have finally made the cut! Thanks to the moderators and forum gods that made it so. Now if we can just get a good turn-out of smarties.

I'll go first: I'm the red cabrio in and around Green Valley with the Maxwell plates. Not to be confused with my twin Shoejunky.

Next.

tm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, Smart LV is open, we popped in there in Sept when we were over. Still waiting for contact to confirm DD though.

Cool that we now have our own forum.

Kate

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats on the new chapter. I'm in Reno, so I'm closer to the CA chapter, but it's still nice to have Nevada represented. Maybe we can have a meet-up in Tonopah! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm the blue and silver Passion with the Blue Fairy sticker and the silver Apple sticker on my back window. The plate reads "TenyTny" I'm in Green Valley, too!

Melanie

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Melanie!

I think I saw you west bound on Warm Springs this AM about 8-ish. I was on the M/C tho so didn't wave frantically and end up in a heap. :D

tm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello from new Smartie

Hello My name is Cheryl I drive a White/black Passion.When my lic. plate comes it will be 1SMRTQT. It has had some modifications to it from my husband. He just can't stop taking it apart and doing stuff to it. Does the group have a meet and greet set up?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi and welcome! Usually Sean is the great organizer but I haven't heard from him in a while. Our regular spot is Town Square, toward the back. As long as you are on this site, you should get the memo for the next meet-up. What part of town are you in?

tony

·
Registered
92 Posts
side of town

We are in the east Henderson area. Last week we were at fry's and there was a yellow/black convertable we parked next to but got out before they left so did not see them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Smart in Henderson View

I was just informed that the Henderson View will be doing a story about the Las vegas Towbin Smart dealership and the smart car soon.I will let the group know when it should come out when I get more info.
James

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, Smart LV is open, we popped in there in Sept when we were over. Still waiting for contact to confirm DD though.

Cool that we now have our own forum.

Kate
I still get a chuckle over the fact the Smart dealer is in a former Hummer dealership -- and the Hummer dealership is now in the used-car lot across the street! :)
It's also going to be the Vespa dealer...

-Rusty
(Rescued an orphan from there...)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HaHa. I too like the irony of the Hummer to Smart conversion. Stopped by last week for the first time, picked up the cargo cover. Saw a real red right out front and drove the demo with the aftermarket exhaust. Peeked at the Rolls stickers but no salesman came running over to try and sell us one. Wonder why not. :D

tm

·
Registered
92 Posts
new stuff

we also bought the cargo cover and cd/dvd tray. Looking into making a footwell sub system or under dash box.I would like to use a 10" just because I have one sitting here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello All Smartie People,
We just received notice that our DDE is March 2009-May 2009.
Our reservation was made June 2008.
We are getting excited, so I decided to look back and see what new clubs in Nevada or Chapters there are.
We live in Gardnerville, NV.
Not sure which club should meet up with,
Anyone have ideas.

Looking forward to the Smart finally.

How is the driving in the snow in Northern Nevada anyone know?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts