Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said in another thread, I'm planning a gathering in Emporia, KS to welcome the newest Smart in town: ours.
So far I've contated 3 owners, need to contact 3 more.
The tentative date is sunday February 3rd, if it doesn't work we can do it later, sorry, saturdays wouldn't work for us.
We can meet, eat, and plan a possible caravan to the Nationals.
Everybody is welcome to come, who wants to drive south I-35?
Don't miss the chance to test drive either a 450 or a Brabus :D

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We'll be meeting as usual at the Walmart parking lot just off I-35 South exit 128 at around 11:30 or noon, from there we can go to lunch to one of the many restaurants in that area.

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
A, thanks for the invite. Our Fiat club meets the same day. We'll have to meet you for Lunch some other weekend.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy to announce the gathering was a success, at one time there were 9 Smarts together drawing lots of attention, here are some pictures.
Thanks everybody for coming we had a blast!

Meeting point:

Lunch time:

Caravan:

Stop at an antique mall:

At the Veteran's Memorial:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The red 451 is this one:

The one hit it by a semi...remember?

My camera is dying that might explain the dark pictures although they look fine to me except the fifth , but I agree, Terry was missed :D

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
Don't remember that car at all. I just Face Timed your wife, about the dark photos. She missed us.

Terry is selling his beloved CRX. We had breakfast with him, and his wife, last fall. We meet up also with ex smart car friends from Indy. Kevin and Bambi. I don't think you know them. We need to take a drive down there, and give you guys a visit. Just never know when you guys are off, on the weekends.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the original post introducing the red 451:

Coming back home from some last minute Christmas shopping I spotted this Fortwo outside an insurance office:

Turns out it just got hit by a semi that stopped in the middle of the road and started backing up, the Smart owner trying to avoid getting hit passed the truck on the side and still got hit, to make matters worse it got a ticket for that (passing on the right). Here is a close up picture to the damage:

Question to the experts: can they fix it?
Of course we missed you guys too, I'm off most sundays, but Lula sometimes works, yesterday she didn't so we had the gathering. I'll let you guys know when she is having a sunday off, we could wait until spring for better weather :D
Poor Terry hopefully things gets better for him.
Now that we got the Brabus, next purchase will be a camera for me :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts