Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the end of Vehicle Homepage today. My account data was wiped (language, country, vehicle), ran through the set up and was greeted with the attached. I'll miss getting notifications from the smart via the EvAccess app.

Transmitted via a Moto Z Play Droid and Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yup. Mine produced the same message too. Pretty f#%&ing amazing the way MB jerks Smart owners around. We must be regarded as riff-raff, deserving of no service...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Smart Page Closed

Are there any options now to connect with my Electric now that the EVacces is no longer active along with the Home page"

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I spent 17 minutes (mostly on hold) with MB Customer assistance.
The number provided on the homepage legal section is 800-367-6372

What they eventually told me is that YES the my smart homepage has been "stopped" as previously reported.

There will be a NEW homepage type website in the near future, but they don't know when or how to access it?

So at some point we may get a new website to log into?

·
17,360 Posts
That's depressing. To put that into perspective: If you bought a 2016 ED brand new, you just barely got two years out of it.

·
Premium Member
7,596 Posts
Wish they would just let us use the built in modem with our own simm card
Who owns this car anyway?
Don't think that gets you there as the 451 ED lives in a now extinct 2G world? Nissan had a similar challenge with the Leaf and they built a "bridge."

If only we could tap into the EVSE/charging system through the OBD port?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have been using fleetkarma in NY area for a year.

I get wireless data about car SOC etc but I also get rewards in gift cards $$

If I charge off peek midnight to 8am I get points, and more in summer time

SEE what they have to offer in your area

This is a good sign for ED owners/leasees. (I just found the site hoping to help/don’t have an ED).

·
Registered
76 Posts
So this device has its own 3g connection to the fleetkarma account page for you and your device, it also records a spreatsheet with stats that they use and you can download. lots of good stats and can be seen on phone so soc charge when you parked or last started the car is recorded. I can also see effeciency distance temp etc etc. see attached, my june sheet so far.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The most useful function of the VH was the remote preheat/precool-before-departure function. I presume that Fleetkarma does not replace that.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
where is the OBD port on my 2014 EV for 2? Does anyone know if VEEPEAK is the way to go?
It is just under the dash - a bit to the right of the steering column if I recall correctly. It covered by a little door that unsnaps and swings downward.

It is doubtful that the Veepeak will work with the Smart ED.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts