Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me!
Picked up a 2013 Passion last Friday and have drivin' about 200km so far. I must say it's an interesting drive. I drove some back paved roads which have multiple "ditch to ditch" cracks and this gave the little car a lot to jump over. I don't think I could drive a long distance on roads like that!

I am impressed with the handling and the road feel, pot holes excluded. I have almost mastered the manual shifting with little heavy metal head banging at each gear change.

It's almost comical to park in a lot and look back at how little room it takes. While it's fun to drive I hoped right back into my Highlander and said, "This SUV is what I need for long hauls on the highway."

The stereo is good but it's no power system. It does have many features I wish were in my Highlander like Bluetooth, USB music, and Navigation.

In general, I am quite pleased with this city car and will enjoy saving gas running to and from work, to the grocery store and library etc. But i don't see myself running from city to city in the Smart when I have a Highlander at my disposal.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! You may find you like driving your little car more and more as you get familiar with it. Most of us are here are total smart fans.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Our 2009 passion is used exclusively for long day trips. The big windows make it wonderful for sight seeing. The car's size also helps us resist the impulse buying of large items from junk stores we come across.

·
Registered
65 Posts
At first I didn't like the feel on the open highway but now I don't mind it and enjoy the fact of not being concerned about gas prices at all. I also own a Corvette Grand Sport and a Porsche 911 and I usually grab the Smart keys first.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
At first I didn't like the feel on the open highway but now I don't mind it and enjoy the fact of not being concerned about gas prices at all. I also own a Corvette Grand Sport and a Porsche 911 and I usually grab the Smart keys first.
Yea... i always say that the Smart is the most enjoyable car to drive. Doesn't have the best get-up-and-go... but it doesn't need it to be a blast. My '13 Dodge Dart was decidedly "meh" to drive.... didn't help that it was a much larger car that was pretty close to the 453 in the get-up-and-go area.... and cost more to fill up, getting like 13MPG less on average, as well as cost more to insure. If i had the choice, i'd probably still take my 453 over my parents 2001 Trans-Am, too...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My driving is getting better now that I use the paddle shifters. Funny thing is how incredibly similar this is to Mario Cart on the Wii.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts