Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've be doing a little bit of searching and reading on Mitsubishi "i"s, as the drivetrain is very likely the basis for our own drivetrain in the new 451 (I think that's actually been mentioned and pointed out here and there in this forum). I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf-Iiaj9JgM&feature=related

There is a very quick shot in ths video where you can see the Mitsu 699 cc engine underneath the cover. Of course it looks familar to those who have seen the 451 fortwo in person and have seen pretty much the same valve cover, coils and alternator peaking back at them from the 1000 cc version. Neat! Then, unexpectedly, a couple of 450s make an appearance, and.:eek:.. well... things start getting a little weird...

Never saw that coming.
But, hey, the safety cage(s) worked... Sorta.
EDIT:
Whoops! Mispoke on the whole drivetrain part. It would appear their tranny is a true automatic.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/i/specifications.asp?strCar1=IA1

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh come on now!

No one has any comments? They bolted two smart cars together and then tried an evasive manuver:eek:. Surely someone thought that was pretty wild, right?

OK I'll go.

Wow! Those guys are crazy! What was he thinking?

OK, I'm better now.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Nuts, Indeed!

No one has any comments? They bolted two smart cars together and then tried an evasive manuver:eek:. Surely someone thought that was pretty wild, right?

OK I'll go.

Wow! Those guys are crazy! What was he thinking?

OK, I'm better now.
Looks like some competition there. They are claiming 53 mpg with the "has to be heavier" Mitsu-I.
Did anyone notice the 3 year unlimited warrantee listed right at the bottom of the page with the specs on it for the "I"?? Yes, indeedee......:(

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
ESP must have been disabled on the upper smart. Otherwise that would not have happened!
What a load of FUN! :)
What a sad misuse of intelligence. Pun definitely intended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts