Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I see from Google Earth there is a Famous Dave's just north of the hotel. Or are you wanting to taste BBQ in KC?:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Never too much BBQ!

We can do Famous Daves if you wish, or if it turns out that you are the only one staying at the hotel, we can BBQ at our house, and you can just stay here! You can have some "famous Tia's". I'm a gourmet cook and actually do a lot of catering. What's your pleasure? Ribs, Steaks, chicken, pork, lamb, fish? Mexican, Italian, Curry, French, Do you want it fancy or plain jane?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Let's just go with the Famous Dave's. No idea who else could show up that night. Give a specific meet place (Dave's) and time. That way you don't have to clean up after your dinner. Sounds tempting though.
Thank you for the personal invite.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went to Famous Dave's last night to check it out. Great ribs and pulled pork. It is WAY up north though at 158th and North Washington. It was busy last night (Sat) but probably won't be as bad on Wed night. It is actually on the way back from where we have to drop off the dogs at the boarders so we can meet you there between 5:30 and 6 at the latest. We won't have our Smart with us then however. Two large dogs, bedding and food do not fit in our Smart :-(. Wish it did!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Denver Caravan

:DHello fellow caravaners - We are leaving the southern mountains of Colorado on the 9th and staying overnight in Colby, KS. Have talked to Tia and Russ and will be waiting their call as the caravan approaches Colby so we can hook up with you.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I show:
16539 Washington Street
Denver, CO 80221, United States
+1 720-836-3260
famousdaves.com

This is just north of the Comfort Inn on Washington just south of E 64th. About a mile away. Time to meet up there?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm about 4 hours from Colby, KS. Any idea of approx time the caravan might pass exit 296? Will try to join in, only about a mile from I-70 exit 296. Thanks, Vicky

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about 4 hours from Colby, KS. Any idea of approx time the caravan might pass exit 296? Will try to join in, only about a mile from I-70 exit 296. Thanks, Vicky
Vicky - Tia is hoping to leave Denver approximately 6:30 Kansas time. According to "bing" it should take them about three and a half hours to reach Colby. She has my cell number and when her GPS says she if close to Colby, she will call me and we will hook up as they pass through. Hope this helps you as I am totally unfamiliar with Kansas. Dick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Everyone! Well, today is Sunday, afternoon, sorry I've been away from the computer the past 2 days doing a garage sale. Anyway, I've heard from a couple of people that are meeting at the Comfort Inn - Central (I-25 and 58th Ave exit, NE corner next to the Denver Merchandise Mart) Thursday morning. We will be gathering between 5-5:30am and leaving AT 5:30a.m. Denver time Thursday morning so don't be late. PLEASE. So far, we also have several walkie talkies that we will dispurse throught the caravan so we can talk amonst ourselves (cell phones shall cover the in-betweens) regarding anyone needing bathroom breaks, having car troubles, medical needs, lunch, gas, etc. We are meeting up with fellow Smart friends in Colby and should be there approximately 3 1/2 hours, so around 9:00am (or 10 KS time?) David from California has requested eating dinner Wed night in Denver at Famous Daves BBQ, located at highway 7 and I-25 on the east side of the freeway exit. Highway 7 is on the north end of the city. We shouldn't make it a late night since we are all leaving so early the next morning, so lets plan on meeting there at 6:30 Please let me know if you would like to go to dinner with us. I can be reached at 303-250-5505, or 303-250-5500 (Russ's cell #) That way I can make reservations for us to all eat together. Or you can e-mail me here. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. This is very exciting and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! Everyone, please PLEASE drive safely. - Tia and Russ

·
Registered
64 Posts
Vicky - Tia is hoping to leave Denver approximately 6:30 Kansas time. According to "bing" it should take them about three and a half hours to reach Colby. She has my cell number and when her GPS says she if close to Colby, she will call me and we will hook up as they pass through. Hope this helps you as I am totally unfamiliar with Kansas. Dick

Thanks Dick, sounds like it will be sometime past noon, will keep watching for more info.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts