Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides me is there anyone else in Western Massachusetts that owns or is going to own a smart in the near future?

My wife and I have a Blue/Silver smart in the Northampton area...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does it count if I'm orginally from Amherst, have family in Hadley but have lived in N.J. for many, many years and have a black/silver/cabriolet?

·
Registered
181 Posts
sorting through some financing as a last hurtle to taking ownership over the next week. baring any real stumbling blocks, add one more to the unoffical western ma chapter (-:

(so um, er, what might be the critical mass needed, to create a mini rally at a worthy destination/coffee shope :blink: )

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Two for a start

sorting through some financing as a last hurtle to taking ownership over the next week. baring any real stumbling blocks, add one more to the unoffical western ma chapter (-:

(so um, er, what might be the critical mass needed, to create a mini rally at a worthy destination/coffee shope :blink: )
The more the merrier
karl

·
Registered
181 Posts
ya just missed RI

Is that every Sat? If not, how often?
:smile: there was a nice gathering over in RI this weekend, you should have been there (which reminds me, I've got to post up a few snapshots) :blink:

keep watching the NorthEast region, something will popup, and with any luck, it might be right around the corner (both in location, and date).

:)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Andy we got together once in East Longmeadow. We have a blue and silver passion that my spouse and i still love and share. The other early adapters seem to have moved on to other amusements. See more smarts in the local car lots than on the road.

Most of the owners that have crossed my path over the years have been unique folks and some even pleasant to spend time with.

Good luck getting something together locally. Believe you will have to cast a fairly large net to get more than two cars together at once now but then that may not be true.

Enjoy your new machine

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Andy we got together once in East Longmeadow. We have a blue and silver passion that my spouse and i still love and share. The other early adapters seem to have moved on to other amusements. See more smarts in the local car lots than on the road.

Most of the owners that have crossed my path over the years have been unique folks and some even pleasant to spend time with.

Good luck getting something together locally. Believe you will have to cast a fairly large net to get more than two cars together at once now but then that may not be true.

Enjoy your new machine
That's not a unique thing to the North East of the country. There just doesn't seem to be the "club" mentality. I've tried (with the help of a few others) to get a smart club going out of our local dealership and we wound up with a few meetings under our belts , then silence.
Maybe we need to stretch your net a bit farther and tighter....:D

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
That's not a unique thing to the North East of the country. There just doesn't seem to be the "club" mentality. I've tried (with the help of a few others) to get a smart club going out of our local dealership and we wound up with a few meetings under our belts , then silence.
Maybe we need to stretch your net a bit farther and tighter....:D
That's an interesting observation since that area is a hotbed of clubs for early British cars. Maybe not so much for other marques, although I believe the BMWCCA got its start in that area (Boston?) Not sure what the problem is getting smart owners together....:confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts