Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been off work all week sick. This afternoon I had to go to the doctor on the other side of town. I went to get into my Pure and the drivers seat cushion was soaked. As was the lower part of back cushion. Everything else is dry including carpets, Blanket and sleeping bag behind seat on deck. No sign of wet on the fuzzy headliner. Door panels dry. I checked 1st thing and both windows were all the way up.

I had to put several rag towels and a trash bag on the seat to stay dry on my drive.

In a week or so we've had a snow event and an ice storm. Car was parked outside. I'm hoping this was just a fluke. Maybe as the ice storm melted some the ice formed and pushed the glass out and it leaked down onto the seat. If it dripped from the top it would have fallen straight to the seat. I'll watch it. I don't need a roof reseal to deal with.

The good part of the story was while on the highway I looked up and saw another red Smart coming up on me from behind. A couple of pretty young ladies in a red Cabrio. They waved as they passed. Traffic had us leapfrogging each other for a good while. It was fun seeing 2 of us on the road together. Most times I see another Smart around here they don't even seem to notice.

If you're on here "Hi Ladies!":D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since yesterday I've had weighted towels in the seat to soak up all the wet I could. Today I ran the car around to get it warm to change the oil. I had the heater cranked way up and got it hot inside.

When I got home I put it in the garage and closed the garage and opened the windows on the car. I then cranked up my new heaters!
Just bought these and the electrician wired them up Tuesday. OMG it's nice to work in a warm garage after the winter we have had so far.

Pic is pre hook up.

Anyway all seems dry now. Hopefully this was a fluke caused by all the ice we got Wednesday. I sure hope so. I'll keep an eye on it.

When my coworker/friend was here to do the wiring Tues we had to run out for a part. I told him I would drive and take him for a drive in the clown car. That's what he calls it. He said, "Sure I've never been in ne before. Will I need any special shoes?" I told him I keep spare clown shoes in the car in case anybody needs them. He was so matter of fact. Won my award for best silly Smart comment I've gotten since I've had the car.

·
Super Moderator
11,292 Posts
Good one!!

At least you have a garage!! I'd settle for a driveway! Been a particularly nasty winter this year. I have had frozen pipes for the last 4 weeks. I gave up on keeping them thawed last time they froze. I suspect I will be replacing some pipe when it thaws out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts